Full-Time Vice President, Product
Hi, we’re Rheaply 👋
Over the past year, the world has cultivated a new sense of appreciation for everyday stuff. With global supply chains collapsing and operating budgets shrinking across the board, we have seen the demand for goods and services skyrocket. The obvious solution to being more resourceful and cost-conscious has been to increase the value of everything already around us. At Rheaply, we’re helping organizations do that by developing better inventory management and resource sharing tools. Although rewarding, this problem is not ours alone to solve, which is why we need extraordinarily talented people like you to join our team. While we’re also excited to one day meet in person (and hopefully soon!), we are ready to conduct our entire interviewing and onboarding process remotely.
Founded in 2016, Rheaply, Inc. is a Chicago-based technology company focused on solutions for making organizations more efficient, sustainable, and connected. Rheaply has developed and launched the only exchange technology for researchers to share their ideas and surplus resources with colleagues to reduce time, costs, as well as environmental waste. On Rheaply’s Asset Exchange Manager (AxM), users from all departments can access resources and expertise from colleagues in the same organization or beyond. Recently, Rheaply has been featured in The New York Times, Nature, VERGE, and Greenbiz, chosen as a 10 Big Idea in Innovation by Chicago Magazine, a Circular Economy Solver by MIT SOLVE, and received the 2019 & 2020 Sustainable Procurement Leadership (SPLC) Award for Circular Economy Leadership among other notable awards and recognitions.
As we continue to expand our business, we are seeking a VP of Product to join our current Product team. This is a highly collaborative role that will lead cross-functional teams and projects and will report directly to the CEO.
What you’ll do
- Develop and communicate product vision and strategy that supports the company vision and delivers business value.
- Take Rheaply core product from a bespoke product to a scaled core B2B solution that meets the needs of Fortune 500 clients.
- Own key drivers of customer engagement and retention. Drive focus and prioritization throughout the company.
- Integrate circular economy principles with the team, product, and users
- Enable team to deliver differentiating solutions that move the needle on company priorities and meeting sales commitments.
- Lead, manage and grow a team of high agency product managers and designers.
- Evangelize product principles and best practices throughout the company (create and manage product culture).
- Lead product management from early product market fit to scale.
- Work closely with our Chief Product Officer, Chief Technical Officer and Director of Product Management to prioritize and plan upcoming initiatives.
- Lead, define, represent and communicate product strategy to all stakeholders including the Executive team and Board.
- Coach team on agile methodologies including product planning, sprint planning, backlog grooming, and sprint retrospectives.
- Develop budgets, forecasts, and key product metrics.
- Drive product analytics to understand feature usage, comprehension, and optimization of the user experience.
- Collaborate with sales, marketing, operations, and other key teams to identify product development pipeline and continuously adapt our Product Vision.
Product is a hands-on entrepreneurial role at Rheaply. You will work with Engineering and Design teams to decide what products to build with a deep understanding of why and also why not.
Our VP of Product will bring focus to the product & engineering team by being the voice of the customer and leveraging data and input from the wider company. They will develop methods to evaluate, lead & support in building new features and products by managing our customer discovery, product discovery, design & delivery process.
What you’ll need
- Experience building and leading product teams in B2B SaaS environment
- A consistent track record of delivering profitable products that delight customers in rapidly-growing technology companies
- Minimum 7+ years experience managing and developing teams Experience driving product strategy, road-mapping, and execution across the organization
- A proven history of success in product and/or product management roles in start-up
- Experience owning and delivering complex, SaaS products at scale on time
- Genuine excitement to solve problems for users and strong sense of empathy for customers
- Demonstrates great product sense and ability to balance business strategy, organizational context and data in driving towards solutions
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work across multiple projects, align on goals, and deliverables
- Ability to define and prioritize initiatives while working cross-functionally, and managing complex stakeholder relationships
- You believe in Rheaply’s Core Values and shall conduct your work in accordance with our values
- Great chemistry with well-intentioned weirdos
- A scrappy, motivated team player able to lead and contribute to a diverse set of knowledge and backgrounds.
- A builder who is able to pivot to the needs of a growing business and culture.
- Curious, research focused and ready to learn.
- Able to juggle dozens of projects, big and small, while driving relentless product execution
- Living Rheaply’s Core Values. (see below)
At Rheaply, we envision a world where all assets and resources are highly visible, searchable, and reusable. Oh, and we love what we do, like, really love what we do. So, join us today to help us achieve our mission!
Rheaply’s Core Values
At Rheaply, we thrive to provide the most seamless experience for our AxM users, enabling our client organizations to achieve full utilization of their assets, thereby reducing costs and waste by keeping valuable resources in circulation. As a team, we pledge to execute our work in accordance with our seven Core Values.
- We Listen To and Delight Our Users — Our users are our most important stakeholders. We strive to provide the most seamless user experience and value to our users across client organizations. We do our best to have empathy for their problems and challenges. We listen to users’ feedback and provide timely responses to questions and needs.
- We Encourage Individual Team Member Growth, Innovation, And Happiness — Our people are our most valuable assets. Rheaply’s success is dependent upon the collective drive, intelligence, curiosities and contributions of all of our team members. We care for the wellbeing of each team member and ensure that they have the support and mentorship they need to succeed at Rheaply and beyond.
- We Value Transparency, Humility, and Open Communication — The key determinant to our successful market execution is our ability to communicate and share successes, learnings, insights, struggles, and solutions across our teams. At Rheaply, we strive to cultivate a culture of intelligence with humility. We care about hearing each member’s voice and understanding his or her unique perspective.
- We Care About Our Communities And The Environment — Rheaply is driven by the mission to reduce our environmental footprint and accelerate our transition to a circular economy. We strive to live by our mission of promoting environmental awareness and waste reduction in our decisions and actions at Rheaply and beyond.
- We Promote A Collaborative Culture of Learning and Problem-Solving — Rheaply is committed to finding straightforward solutions to complex problems. We are constantly learning from each other, from our clients, and from our competitors. We strive to understand problems at the microscopic level and become industry experts in building, deploying, and iterating sustainable, circular solutions.
- We Are Tenacious and We Own Our Work — At Rheaply, we are dedicated to enabling the transition to a more circular world. We are relentless about our mission and vision. We hold ourselves accountable for our words and actions, both internally and in the market.
- We Strive To Be Helpful — We view all the work we do at Rheaply as daily, non-stop efforts to help and support each other, our clients, our users, our partners, and our shared environment.
Rheaply, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of our activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, interns, volunteers, subcontractors.