Full-Time Sustainability Specialist I
As one of the nation’s largest universities, at the University of Central Florida we believe our impact and influence should be a force for positive change. UCF Sustainability Initiatives is seeking well-qualified candidates to apply for the role of Sustainability Specialist I. Duties of this position include but are not limited to:
- Develop and implement educational programming related to cultivating sustainability literacy on campus. Programming to include but not limited to, seminars, conferences, workshops, documentary screening, fairs, and other activities geared towards achieving buy-in and habit transformation from student, faculty, and staff.
- Support sustainability programs initiated by students, faculty, staff, and community members. Develop and maintain a public repository of sustainability activities to facilitate networking and resource sharing among stakeholders.
- Track and report departmental Key Performance Indicators and maintain a public-facing dashboard of the university’s progress toward carbon neutrality, Zero Waste, and departmental sustainability integration.
- Coordinate public relations activities to include preparing and supervising the department website, social media outlets, brochures, newsletters and other promotional materials and/or publications, preparing press releases, and responding to inquiries; develop plans and schedules for release of publicity materials.
- Track and report on the effectiveness of sustainability marketing efforts using web analytics and social media marketing tools.
- Research and maintain a working knowledge of best practices at peer institutions with regards to sustainability.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
UCF offers competitive pay consummate with experience and a variety of employee benefits including health insurance, vision insurance, and dental insurance. Additionally, full-time employees may be allowed to enroll for up to six (6) credit hours of eligible instruction per term on a space-available basis.
For additional information, please reference the following link: https://hr.ucf.edu/prospective-employees/insurance