Full-Time Sustainability Analyst (2 Jobs) – Community Engagement + Program/Policy Analysis
ABOUT THE ROLES
The City of Mountain View, a leader in sustainability, is looking for TWO highly motivated, passionate, and detail oriented professionals to take on the roles of Analyst II (Sustainability). You will join a fast-paced, dynamic team environment, providing services within the Sustainability Division of the City Manager’s Office. One full-time position will lead COMMUNITY AND EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT PROGRAMS, and the second full-time position will lead PROGRAM AND POLICY TECHNICAL ANALYSIS. Key skills for both roles include the ability to conduct research and analysis, measure results, write reports, and effectively work with City staff and the community. Review our Analyst II job description here.
- Two years of full-time analytical experience equivalent to the position of Analyst I with the City of Mountain View.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in public administration, business administration, economics, or a closely related field.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid California Driver License.
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental studies/sustainability/science, marketing, or a closely related field is preferred.
- Master’s degree in environmental studies/sustainability/science, marketing, or a closely related field.
- Hands-on public, private, or non-profit experience in sustainability:
- Designing and executing marketing/engagement campaigns targeted at resident, business, or employee behavior change.
- Conducting advanced-level quantitative analysis.
- Experience in contracts management (preparing, reviewing, and administering).
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Conduct research, analyze, and report on the data metrics.
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to design and implement programs and report progress.
- Facilitate request for proposal process, and negotiate and execute contracts.
- Manage program budget, including projecting annual costs and tracking expenses. Apply for awards, apply for and manage grants, and report progress.
Community and Employee Engagement (if you select this position)
- Design and execute behavior change programs related to transportation, energy, food, and other areas.
- Manage and inspire participation in community challenge events.
- Create collateral; design and write content for ads, social media, videos and other outreach material.
- Manage web sites, secure earned media, conduct surveys, and manage community volunteers.
- Facilitate events with an inspiring and bold voice.
Program and Policy Technical Analysis (if you select this position)
- Implement, or support implementation, of Sustainability Action Plan (SAP) projects and develop policies.
- Conduct and report community and municipal GHG inventories.
- Support energy efficiency, renewable energy, and Community Choice Energy projects.
- Develop short- and long-term SAP, Climate Action, Carbon Neutrality, and Resilience plans.
ARE WE A MATCH?
- You are passionate about sustainability and striving to improve the community.
- You are an expert in conducting research, compiling data, and performing technical analysis.
- You are an innovative doer who devises creative solutions to environmental and social equity issues.
- You are a critical thinker with strong project management skills.
- You are collaborative, both with co-workers and with stakeholders.
- You are adept at juggle multiple priorities in order to meet targeted deadlines.
- You are reliable and flexible in a fast-paced work environment.
- You are a professional with top-notch writing and public speaking skills.
- You are highly skilled in paying attention to details.
- COMMUNITY AND EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT role: You can design, lead, and implement all aspects of engagement programs.
- PROGRAM AND POLICY TECHNICAL ANALYSIS role: You are a technical expert, including advanced-level quantitative analysis.
WHY MOUNTAIN VIEW?
Because where you choose to work, matters. Because you want to surround yourself with passionate, mission-driven colleagues committed to providing excellent service to the community and each other. Because you want to apply your talents in a place where words like “wellness,” “empathy” and “innovation” are not merely nice sentiments, but are ideals we strive to achieve in everything we do.
- $97,744 to $114,993 Annually
- Generous paid leave and group health coverage (medical, dental, vision, EAP, Life & Disability Insurance).
- CalPERS retirement (2.7% at 55 formula for classic members; 2% at 62 for new members); employees contribute 11.5% for classic members/10.5% for new members to CalPERS with no Social Security deduction.
Support for Continuous Learning & Development:
- Up to $2,000 in tuition reimbursement for education advancement annually, with a one-time opportunity for up to $20,000 for the completion of a work-related Bachelor’s or Master’s.
- Professional/Technology Development Funds ($800.00 annually).
Wellness and Engagement Culture:
- Access to an onsite employee gym.
- Incentive pay for participating in the City’s wellness program.
- Up to $100/month City contribution for mass transit expenses, with $10/month minimum employee contribution; discounts for carpools and ride-shares; a bicycle commute incentive.
- Ongoing commitment to robust internal communication and feedback.
And More: Employee appreciation days and activities.