Full-Time Senior Attorney
Senior Attorney Position
With Delaware Riverkeeper Network, a Nonprofit Environmental Organization
updated December 19, 2019
The Delaware Riverkeeper Network (DRN) has an immediate opening for a seasoned litigator/attorney in its Bristol, Pennsylvania office. The Senior Attorney will manage their own case load and will be expected to work independently as well as in collaboration with other senior DRN advocacy and legal staff.
DRN works to protect the Delaware River watershed and ecosystems from threats such as shale gas extraction, pipeline and powerline construction, dredging, stormwater runoff, wetlands degradation, species take and pollution. DRN’s legal team consists of a senior outside counsel, two full-time staff attorneys, a junior support attorney/paralegal, and a semester-based law clinic. The two senior attorneys on staff report to Ms. van Rossum, who is the Delaware Riverkeeper, leader of DRN and also an attorney.
- Develop and pursue litigation in state and federal courts and administrative tribunals to advance the organization’s strategic
- Manage relationships with co-counsel, outside counsel, clients, and coalition
- Co-direct the River Resources Environmental Law Clinic, including providing training and legal instruction to law interns.
- Supervise and mentor staff
Applicants must be law school graduates who are admitted, or are willing to apply for admission, to at least one of the state bars of Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, or Delaware.
The ideal applicant will have:
- 3 to 7 years of environmental litigation experience working with the Clean Water Act, the National Environmental Policy Act, the Natural Gas Act, the Endangered Species Act, and/or other relevant federal and state environmental statutes.
- Experience in administrative and judicial proceedings and experience in undertaking factual investigations.
- Superb research, writing, and oral advocacy
- Strong ability to work independently and as part of a team
- A demonstrated commitment to public service and public interest
Terms of Employment & Salary:
The position is anticipated to be full time.
We offer compensation on a public interest scale commensurate with experience including an excellent benefits package. Salary: $90K
The position is located in DRN’s main office in Bristol, Bucks County, PA