Full-Time Sales and Marketing Manager
About our Company
The Hudson Valley Seed Company provides gardeners and farmers with a robust catalog of over 400 varieties of open-pollinated seeds, along with tubers, bulbs, tools, supplies, and art work. Because we offer unique varieties that we cannot source from suppliers, we produce many of these seeds in our own certified organic fields in the Hudson Valley of New York State. We celebrate the uniqueness of the varieties in our catalog by commissioning artwork for each of our Art Packs—one-of-a-kind folding seed packets, each designed by a different artist and telling the unique story of that seed.
About our Team
We are a team of 25-30 hard-working farmers and office workers collaborating to provide a compelling and life-affirming product to the world. We value commitment, diversity, communication, and kindness. The diverse life experiences that our team members bring to our workplace make us stronger. We are based in beautiful Accord, New York, within a few minutes of our growing fields.
About the Position
We are seeking a friendly, driven, and inspired leader to serve as our Sales and Marketing Manager.
This position will be responsible for leading our sales team through the various sales periods of the year and achieving our sales goals across three divisions: Online Retail, Wholesale, and Events.
The responsibilities of this position include:
- Providing leadership and supervision for the sales and customer service team;
- Building a comprehensive marketing strategy for the brand, with a focus on customer retention as well as expansion of the customer base.
- Overseeing our digital content, including our website and our social media presence;
- Managing our digital advertising campaigns;
- Managing relationships with our 300+ wholesale customers and leading campaigns to gain new customers;
- Supporting customer service tasks, including daily phone and email support, mailings, and other tasks that serve our customers;
- Covering the responsibilities of all sales and customer service team positions when other employees are absent.
The ideal candidate:
- Has 3+ years experience in a management-level sales or marketing position;
- Has a background that includes gardening or agriculture experience.
- Possesses expertise in social media marketing;
- Understands search engine and social media ad networks;
- Is experienced with the Adobe suite of design software;
- Is comfortable with e-commerce back-end software;
- Is a good leader with a personable disposition and a zeal for mission-based commerce;
- Is skilled at supervising a small team of employees.
- Drives to achieve goals and get real results;
- Enjoys problem solving and thrives in a fast-paced environment;
- Learns quickly and is adept at toggling among multiple responsibilities;
- Is comfortable making data-based decisions and working with spreadsheets and databases; and
- Excels at building customer relationships on the phone and through email.
Our benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401K retirement plan with an employer match
- Paid Holidays (6), Paid Time Off (increases with seniority), and Paid Sick Leave
- Employee discount for HVSC products
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 – $60,000.00 per year
If vaccinated, wearing a mask is optional, and for this position a limited amount of remote work is possible. This is subject to change with the evolution of COVID-19 risk (infection rates, new variants, etc).