Full-Time Project Manager – Construction (New England)
Title: Project Manager – Construction
Location: Centrally located within New England for travel including VT, NH, ME and other New England emerging markets
Encore Renewable Energy
Encore is a leading integrated clean energy services company headquartered in Burlington, Vermont, focused on the development of sustainable, cost-effective and high return commercial and industrial-scale solar PV systems, large scale energy storage applications and 21st century solutions for the redevelopment of underutilized property. Since the Company’s formation in 2009, Encore has established itself as a leader in the Vermont solar market having been involved in the development of nearly 80 commercial-scale solar projects. The Company is in the process of building from its leadership position in Vermont to expand into other attractive markets across the Northeastern U.S., and is targeting key hires to expand its team to meet strategic objectives.
Project Manager – Construction Position
Encore Renewable Energy is currently seeking a highly motivated individual with the skills, experience, and aptitude to serve as Project Manager – Construction. The successful candidate will work with our EPC and Development Teams in support of the firm’s rapidly growing renewable energy project development and construction.
The Project Manager – Construction will fill a key role in our expanding solar and energy storage development and construction firm. This is a high-skill level position, requiring an experienced and talented professional who can fit in well with the Encore culture of productivity, growth, and performance driven by our values. The Project Manager – Construction must be adept at managing multi-stakeholder projects, internal processes, project-specific subcontractor activities, and project-owner/investor/client expectations as well as site specific supervision and safety. The position will report to the Vice President of Construction and bring a number of responsibilities outlined below to support the firm’s practice.
Encore is a small, fast-paced entrepreneurial firm with a culture to match. Therefore, all members of the team are required to devote some time to supporting business operations and company growth. For this position, these activities may include assisting in the development of proposals for new work, land acquisition, permitting of new projects as well as assisting with business development and project engineering.
- Perform myriad project development and construction oversight tasks for solar PV and battery storage projects in Northeastern US and other strategic markets;
- Manage various contractors in the field including survey, design, environmental, etc. to prepare permit applications and supporting documentation;
- Support EPC activities including monitoring inspections, progress reporting and client/investor requests;
- Manage project schedules and budgets in concert with Project Development team;
- Support Business Development in identification and acquisition of new sites and customers;
- Support fatal flaw/feasibility assessments on new opportunities;
- Interface with local and state authorities in seeking or supporting approvals and required documentation for project permits;
- Support bid submittals and proposals for RFPs and unsolicited opportunities;
- Prepare progress reports for internal project tracking as well as for clients and investors as projects move through development and construction;
- Support the tender of RFPs for equipment procurement and installation contractors;
- Assist with early-stage site diligence which may include but not limited to, visual inspections, landowner relationships and facilitating site visits with various authorities, vendors and/or engineers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 2-3 years of construction and/or renewable energy project development/management experience;
- Associates or Bachelor of Science degree in a technical or business management focus or equal. A 2-Year technical degree, or electrician license, with 5 years of experience to be considered.
- Organizational skills needed to independently manage tasks, projects and/or deliverables from assignment to completion;
- Strong oral and written communication skills, comfortable engaging with team members, subcontractors, landowners, construction firms, racking vendors, etc.;
- Organized approach to workflow processes;
- Strong proficiency in MS Office, Project Primavera, Smartsheets, or other PM software;
- Ability to travel (up to or perhaps exceeding 50% of work time)
- Interest / ability to help manage Encore’s drone assets, time-lapse photography and progress photography etc.;
- A strong desire to work on projects related to renewable energy development, brownfields redevelopment, and sustainability. Experience/interest in these areas highly preferred;
- Self-motivated and well organized with proven ability to perform at a high level with limited direct oversight and management;
- Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment;
- Demonstrated success at building team relationships and partnerships across organizational lines;
- NABCEP Certification and/or Project Management Professional Certification a plus but not required
- A high degree of emotional intelligence;
- Team player – willingness to pitch in across the organization.
About Working at Encore
Our team is our single greatest asset and that which we are most proud of. Encore team members share a single mission – building the clean energy economy of the future in a responsible manner that creates high quality jobs and enhances the communities in which our projects operate.
We invest heavily in our team – here are a few of the benefits we offer:
- Complete, high quality medical benefits that include flex time options for child and family care and extended parental leave
- Work-life balance with flexible work schedules (remote work opportunities) and focused paid-time off policy
- 12 paid holidays (includes 2 floating holidays of employee’s choice)
- One paid volunteer day each fiscal quarter
- 401k profit sharing
- Continuing education and tuition assistance