Full-Time Program Specialist
Title: Program Specialist
Location: Seattle, WA
Work Schedule: Full time, occasional evenings or weekends as needed
Compensation: $36,000 to $40,000 DOE
Benefits: Health, Dental Insurance, Retirement Contribution, Vacation and Holidays
Closes: When filled
Since 1999, Stewardship Partners has been incubating ideas, creating solutions and developing a rich variety of partnerships by engaging people from all walks of life into becoming caretakers of the land and water that surrounds and sustains us. More at stewardshippartners.org
Stewardship Partners is seeking a Program Specialist with experience with event production, communication/marketing and grant writing, reporting and research. This position requires strong organizational skills, a keen eye for detail and the ability to work simultaneously on a variety of events and projects. This is a unique opportunity to direct your energy and talents towards a well-established organization with a solid reputation for improving quality of life for all inhabitants, human and wild, in the Puget Sound region.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Research grant opportunities and send them around to staff to decide whether to apply or not
- Write, edit, and submit grant applications, reports, invoicing, and other associated documents as needed
- Supervise grant writing and application timeline when other staff members are taking the lead on the application
- Tabling & outreach events—attending alongside staff and/or interns
- Help produce events (Feast on the Farm and Green Infrastructure Summit)
- Manage office supplies, calendar and schedule meetings
- Compile, edits, and design monthly electronic and print newsletter
- Edit and occasionally write and publish blog posts to the SP website
- Work on updating Stewardship Partners’ and associated programs’ outreach materials
- Create new outreach materials and publications when needed at the organizational and program levels
- Help with administrative related tasks such as emails, scheduling meetings, timeline tracking, invites, etc.
- Manage interns’ working schedule and work plan, providing initial training and any assistance as needed
- Assist the Executive Director in donor relations and annual appeal
- Participate with the Board of Directors and other staff in developing a communications and events plan for the organization
Qualifications and Personal Characteristics
The ideal candidate will:
- Understand ethical behavior and business practices and ensure that personal behavior and the behavior of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Independently set priorities, develop a work schedule, and monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information and activities, often times while multitasking multiple projects at once.
Education, Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or greater; relevant work experience will be considered
- Ability and knowledge to coordinate fundraising and conference type events
- Strong writing skills and verbal communication
- Marketing and Design experience
- Ability to manage and effectively use multiple marketing platforms such as Mail Chimp, all social media, Auctria and website management
- Understanding of software systems: (Salesforce NPSP), event platforms, and Adobe Suite a plus
Submitting an Application
Interested applicants should send a copy of their resume and cover letter.
Email application to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Program Specialist” in the subject line.
Mail application to:
80 Yesler Way Suite 315
Seattle, WA 98104
Stewardship Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other class protected by law.