Full-Time Organic Farmer
About the role:
The Ridge market garden field manager candidatewill direct and coordinate farm activities, In the firststage the focus is to develop the farm productivesystems. which include, To prep and amend growingbeds in its different sections, irrigation system,germinate and propagate vegetables and perennialplants.develop production system in one the greenhouses (three in total by the summer), to managethe planting of the fruit orchard. All of this donewith respect and care for soil and the land.
- To manage and coordinate farm activities.
- Lay down growing sections.
- Prep and amend growing permanentraised beds.
- Lay down the irrigation systems fororchards and farm.
- Keep record of the developing process(activities, time, coasts and fertility)
- Start a propagation house for vegetablesand perennial plants.
- Activate the production in one of thegreen houses.
- Prep the space for the fruit orchard andplant the trees.
- Honesty and ethics towards the land, the peopleand native creatures.
- Previous farming experience.
- Vegetable production experience.
- Notions on organic agriculture or otherregenerative/sustainable systems.
- Communication skills.
- Record keeping experience.
- Crew managing experience.
- Operating small machinery.