Full-Time Operations Program Associate
Operations Program Associate
The Climate Action Campaign (CAC) has an immediate opening for an Operations Program Associate to assist the Operations team with its critical mission of supporting our multi-dimensional campaign operation. The Operations Program Associate is a member of the Operations team and reports to the Director of Operations. This key role helps to maintain the core processes and procedures required to keep the day-to-day running smooth to ensure the overall success of the Campaign. The ideal candidate is a critical thinker, driven, flexible, passionate about the details and will continuously strive to improve the Campaign’s effectiveness by being a thoughtful and thorough part of the team.
This entry-level position requires the ability to take direction, work as an integral member of a team, anticipate needs, be discreet, as well as remain enthusiastic and output driven.
With support from the Director of Operations and broader team, the Operations Program Associate specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Manage scheduling and support functions for the Campaign Director and routine campaign meetings and briefing
- Work with Operations Team and Director of Operations to manage organizational and administrative operations, including office management, on boarding and off boarding of staff, campaign-wide service support, expense reconciliation, materials development, etc.
- Engage in special projects at the direction of the Campaign Director and the Senior Leadership Team
- Develop and copy-edit presentations, reports, and memos as requested
- Handle meeting logistics: travel, briefing reports, meeting materials, and completing expense and mileage reports
- Track progress for both internal and external meetings and projects.
- Support cross-campaign initiatives at the direction of the Campaign Director and the Senior Leadership Team, such as the campaign-wide calendar and project management system.
- Participate in meetings, note taking, and tracking follow-ups and due outs
- Provide administrative support, as requested, such as record keeping, and managing documents
- Perform other duties as assigned
Who You Are
A successful candidate for this position is an enthusiastic team player looking to get their foot in the door and gain a breadth of knowledge from assisting with the day-to-day operations of a fast paced and focused campaign. This entry level role is looking for someone who has/is:
- Drive, curiosity and professional aptitude
- Ability to work well under pressure and in a fast-paced campaign environment
- Takes a proactive approach to their day-to-day
- Incredible ability to multi- task and triage incoming requests
- Confidence managing up internally and externally
- Excellent judgement with a strong intuition for exercising discretion
- Comfortable when it comes to rapidly shifting between multiple projects and priorities
- Excellent communication skills including writing, editing and interpersonal diplomacy
- Ability to maintain records and manage office needs (both virtual and IRL)
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and with others in a cooperative, enthusiastic and friendly manner
- Ability to identify and act upon opportunities to enhance the team’s output without needing to be asked
- Ability to react with appropriate levels of urgency to situations and events that require quick response or turnaround
- Ability to complete a high volume of tasks and projects with little guidance
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability in an evolving role
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and G-Suite
- Interest or familiarity in environmental issues, politics, and campaigns a plus but not required
The Fine Print
CAC staff are currently in a hybrid office environment where flexibility and safety are prioritized. Our teams are in the office two days a week on most weeks. We will continue to monitor the situation and make adjustments to our hybrid work plan as needed.
The target salary for this position is $40,000 depending on experience. We offer an excellent benefits package which includes 100% employer paid medical, dental, and vision insurance, generous paid time off, and a 401k plan.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to economic and social justice and do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. Women, people of color, LGBTQ people, and members of other historically disenfranchised populations are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to ApplyHow to Apply: Please visit https://climateactioncampaign.hire.trakstar.com/jobs/fk0sbrd?source=JD for application and more information. In your cover letter, please list each question and provide the response directly below that question.
- Why is it important for you to work for an organization committed to winning the climate crisis?
- Tell us about a time when you built rapport with someone under difficult conditions and what did you do to overcome those conditions?
- What would you like to learn here that would help you in the future?