Full-Time Operations Field Coordinator
The Alaska Field Operations Coordinator are responsible for all aspects of Fairbanks warehouse operations as well as supporting Alaska field operations for science and research team support across Alaska.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Warehouse operations
- Oversee Fairbanks warehouse operations. Ensure building is maintained and kept in a safe and orderly manner.
- Oversee inventory operations; ensure that equipment and materials are secure, maintained, and tracked per ARO guidelines.
- Track details, manage processes and report as required.
- Conduct an annual cycle count of inventory.
- Track and update check out and check in of all inventory.
- Repair and clean all items at check in and at close of season.
- Ensure that – through purchasing or repair – there is adequate equipment and materials on-hand to support field season requirements.
- In support of other Field Operations staff, oversee vehicle operations including issuing, maintenance, logbook & insurance compliance for NSF fleet, as well as coordination of leased vehicles for research and construction needs.
- Provide vehicle orientations.
- Coordinate fueling and cleaning; drop offs and pickups.
- Address preventative and corrective maintenance.
- Track and maintain remote vehicles, facilities, and inventory in Kaktovik, Prudhoe Bay, Nome, Quartz Creek, Bethel, Chevak and other sites across Alaska.
- Oversee Ready for Issue of first aid kits and other gear.
- In support of other Field Operations staff, oversee charging and issue of satellite phones and radios.
- Science support operations
- Work closely with Alaska Project Managers and the Operations Manager to assure that the necessary equipment is staged and ready for research projects.
- Provide assistance with field operations including field camp put-ins, truck shuttles, and other field activities.
- Work with PFS Alaska Construction Project Manager & other FEMC staff & Stantec to assist with construction project tasking. Serve as the Fairbanks POC for construction issues including room and truck reservations, vehicle staging, use of the Fairbanks facility for staging of materials, resupply for field crews, clothing issue, shipping/receiving, and prefabrication.
- Maintain Alaska web-based information sharing documents including gear tracking & calendars.
- Other duties
- Develop budgets, create requisitions, receive equipment, and report for all warehouse services.
- Responsible for Develop and maintain local vendor accounts including budgeting, requisitions, receiving and reporting.
- Maintain good working relationship with local vendors and services.
- Use a computer for word processing, spreadsheets, database, as well as scheduling software applications to prepare correspondence, reports, schedules, and other documents related to the project.
- Follow all PFS Denver and Fairbanks office procedures for timekeeping, calendaring and sharing information
- Uphold NSF’s Principles for Conducting Fieldwork in the Arctic
- Respond promptly to all phone and e-mail communications.
- Other tasking and duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- BS/BA and/or 5 years of experience in remote field operations/logistics.
- Mechanical and construction background desired.
- Must possess a current and valid State issued driver’s license with insurable Department of Motor Vehicle record (parking violations, minor driving offenses excluded) as determined by PFS’s insurance provider.
- Authorization to work in the U.S. is required.
- Regular and predictable onsite attendance as well as availability to work extended hours, including afterhours/weekends and on-call.
- Regular ability to travel to field locations.
Benefits: PFS offers a wide variety of benefits including:
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) – eligible after 1 year of service and then matched at 4%; fully vested
- ESOP – Employee Stock Ownership Program – eligible after 1 year of service and there is a 6-year vesting schedule
- Company paid cell phone plan, through Verizon
- $450 every 3 years towards the purchase of a new device
- Professional/Personal Development fund of $1,000 annually
- Annual Bonus Program
- Costco/Sam’s Club basic membership