Part-Time Mobile Market Assistant Manager – Boston Region
The Trustees mobile market brings fresh, local produce from Trustees farms to Boston neighborhoods with limited food access. It operates five days a week from June through March. We stop at eight community sites, including health centers, public housing, and community centers.
This will be a high-energy position, with retail and community engagement components. We seek someone who is passionate about sharing fresh, healthy food with others, has excellent people skills, and has some retail or customer service experience as well as some delivery experience with a van and/or box truck .
This is a part-time position, between 10-30 hours per week, depending on the time of year, hourly position, beginning in June 2022 the position will require travel to various market sites throughout Boston. Work will take place during the day on Wednesday-Saturday, although additional weekend and evening hours may be required.
In this role you will:
- Work a 30 hour work week
- Earn $20/hour
- Work Wednesday thru Friday each week from June to December
- Be eligible for health insurance
Assist the Mobile Market Manager in all aspects of produce distribution including:
- Packing produce with volunteers
- Driving box truck and/or delivery van to and from distribution points as well as for home deliveries. All shares are packed from Powisset farm in Dover and are distributed in Boston and Cambridge
- Assist with picking up produce from partner farms
- Work with Volunteers
- Engage customers and answer questions about the produce
- Help maintain community partnerships
- Engage with staff members at partner sites
- Assist with set-up, break-down and stocking at market sites
- Maintain an organized and safe packing area and market sites
- Assist the Mobile Market Manager with tracking inventory and sales
- Other duties as assigned with or without accommodation
- Retail and/or customer service experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience with food access work
- Experience or comfort driving a delivery van/box truck
- Language skills a plus (particularly Spanish, Haitian Creole, and Cape Verdean Creole)
- Satisfactory CORI (criminal background check).
- Ability to safely lift 50 pounds repeatedly.
- A valid driver’s license, as well as a satisfactory driving record as outlined in The Trustees’ driving policy and ability to drive an oversized truck.
- Knowledge of Boston neighborhoods and communities a plus
- Working conditions are physically demanding and take place in variable weather conditions
This is a part-time, year-round job ($20/hour for 10-30 hours/week), with an optimal start date in June-December
The Assistant Mobile Market Manager is based at Powisset Farm in Dover, MA with frequent travel to market sites in Cambridge and Boston.
To prevent the infection and spread of COVID-19, and as an integral part of its public health and safety measures, The Trustees of Reservations requires that all successful applicants show proof of full vaccination by an FDA-approved COVID-19 vaccine before beginning employment, unless an exemption from this policy has been granted. Applicants who believe they need an accommodation of this policy because of a disability, sincerely-held religious belief, or otherwise should inform Human Resources after an offer of employment is extended; please do not include any medical, genetic, or religious information on your application materials.
About The Trustees
The Trustees is one of Massachusetts’ largest non-profits and the nation’s first conservation and preservation organization. Today, the places we care about are going fast, and the forces undermining them, including climate change, are moving faster. Our passion is to protect and share with everyone the irreplaceable natural and cultural treasures under our care. We are funded and supported entirely by our visitors, supporters, volunteers, and more than 70,000 member households.
In addition to being an Equal Opportunity Employer, The Trustees aims to create a thriving, inclusive workplace that values each member of its team. We aspire to reflect and effectively serve the residents and communities of Massachusetts who are at the core of our mission.
We kindly request that you do not call to inquire about the status of your application. Those candidates chosen for interviews will be contacted.
How to ApplyClick here to apply for this assistant manager job
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405