Part-Time MACD Grants & Contracts Manager
Employment Status: Part-time independent contractor
Hours: 10-15 hours/week, flexible days and times
Location: Remote-based, no office provided
Posting Date: April 22, 2022
Closing Date: May 20, 2022 or when position filled
Hourly Rate: $30 to $40/hr, depending on qualifications and experience
Position: The nonprofit Massachusetts Association of Conservation Districts (MACD) is seeking experienced candidates for managing multiple grants and contracts issued by various sources (state, federal, foundations, etc.). The remote-based position is part-time (10-15 hrs/wk) and offered on a contractual basis, not salaried. The ideal candidate will have strong financial management skills and experience with conservation-related programs, including Massachusetts-based state agencies (such as MassDEP and MDAR) as well as federal agencies (particularly NRCS, the Natural Resources Conservation Service). The position reports directly to the MACD Executive Director.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Executive Director to track and manage all grants/contracts to ensure timely reporting, invoicing, and other contractual obligations to meet funder guidelines and criteria.
- Maintain combined and individual spreadsheets on multiple active grants/contracts from varied funders, tracking overall budget, amounts spent/invoiced/received/outstanding, and other particulars.
- Organize and manage grant/contract records, including tracking deadlines and deliverables, expenditures, and reporting requirements.
- Maintain overall schedule of grants received and prospects, including reports and other deliverables due and completed.
- Manage all contract change requests and perform research on all grant issues.
- Prepare periodic reports for MACD management on status of all grants/contracts – existing and prospective.
- Collaborate with executive leadership to manage the development, submission, and tracking of new proposals, grant application narratives, and budgets.
- Research new funding and business development opportunities on a local, state, and federal level, including private, public, and corporate funding streams.
- Other program-related duties and activities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in related field.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in nonprofit grants management and related responsibilities.
- Direct experience with conservation programs and funders – particularly in Massachusetts – strongly preferred.
- Skill with MS Office applications (Word, Outlook, and especially Excel). Familiarity with QuickBooks a plus.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, with ability to maintain multiple calendars and interconnected spreadsheets.
- Self-motivated with ability to set priorities and manage multiple tasks under minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated analytical skills and ability to meet deadlines without sacrificing quality.
- Professional communication skills – oral and written.
- Skill and experience in grant writing preferred.
How to ApplyInterested parties should send a Letter of Interest and resume by email to the MACD Executive Director (MLeffMACD@gmail.com) by 5:00pm, Friday, May 20, 2022.
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405