Internship Internship, Marketing & Communications
NatureWorks is an advanced materials company offering a broad portfolio of renewably sourced polymers and chemicals. With performance and economics that compete with oil-based materials, naturally advanced Ingeo™ biomaterials are valued for their unique functional properties and used in products from coffee capsules and appliances to tea bags and 3D printing filament.
NatureWorks is jointly owned by Thailand’s largest ASEAN leading integrated petrochemical and refining company, PTT Global Chemical, and Cargill, which provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world.
The NatureWorks Global Marketing Team is seeking a Marketing and Communications Intern for Summer 2022. This internship will provide students with the opportunity to be creative and apply knowledge gained in the classroom to a multi-disciplinary global marketing and communications environment.
The selected student will be assigned to a project and mentor that fits their background, skills, and interest while supporting marketing & communications initiatives at NatureWorks.
Marketing Responsibilities could include…
- Using research and marketing skills to brainstorm and produce content that grows brand awareness or explains technical / scientific subjects while aligning with our sales strategy
- Working with our digital and graphics team to develop and produce written or visual content for distribution across a range of channels and formats (print, web, social, email, video)
- Interviewing key stakeholders and writing copy for campaigns, social posts, and news stories
- Benchmarking campaigns and content with market peers
- Preparing background information on sustainability-related topics
- Assisting in preparing information and presentations using PowerPoint
- Assisting with special projects as required
Education and Experience Required:
- Pursuing a BA degree in Marketing, Communications, Graphic Design, Journalism, Literature, or a BS degree in a related science and engineering field such as Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biology, or Sustainability with a demonstrated interest in marketing & communications.
- Sophomore (2nd year), junior (3rd year), or senior (4th year) with a minimum of 3.0 GPA in their field of study.
- Interested in the opportunity to apply knowledge in a business setting and to acquire experience in a global marketing and communications function.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Competencies:
- Interest in working on topics related to sustainability and biobased materials
- Strong desire to learn and try new things; status quo is not good enough
- Excellent time management with exceptional attention to detail
- Must possess a high degree of initiative and resourcefulness in completing work with limited guidance
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse team and communicate verbally and in written forms with all levels of the organization
- Good with software like Microsoft Office and learning new programs as needed
- Comfortable communicating and collaborating with remote team members via apps like Microsoft Teams or Zoom
- Must maintain a high-level of confidentiality and diplomacy with sensitive or proprietary information
Useful Additional Experience:
- Experience with project management
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Basic experience with Adobe Creative Suite
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
- This position is expected to last 13 weeks, mostly over summer months, and work between 35 and 40 hours per week.
- Fast-paced office environment with pressure of multiple time deadlines
- Flexibility to work the outside normal working hours to accommodate phone calls with international team members
- Occasionally requires regular lifting/carrying of up to 50 pounds
- Requires use of electronics such as computers, tablets, mobile phones
- Required computer-related activities for extended periods of time
The NatureWorks Marketing & Communications internship is scheduled to take place from 05/23/2022 – 08/19/2022.