Full-Time HVAC/Construction/Energy Inspector (HERS Rater) – $2,500 Sign On Bonus
PEG is searching for motivated individuals who are interested in learning about Energy Sustainability and Building Energy Performance of New Residential Construction. In this position, new employees will be provided paid on the job training that will prepare them to perform Home Energy Audits in accordance with RESNET Guidelines. This will include visual inspections of materials, data collection and visual observation of energy efficient features, and the utilization of equipment to test system performance.
Field Engineers In Training use their own personal vehicles to drive to and from job sites. Job sites are located within a 100-mile radius from the assigned area. As a result, qualified candidates will need reliable transportation and possess a valid driver’s license in good standing. While working on residential construction sites, Field Engineers In Training will experience extreme weather conditions, as the seasons change, work in extremely confined areas such as crawl spaces and climb into attics, and handle heavy equipment weighing around 50 lbs.
Field Engineers In Training are expected to be on their first job site by 8am Monday through Friday. It is encouraged to start as early as possible. However, all scheduled inspections assigned must be completed before field employees end their workday.
Excellent communication skills with not only the PEG Team but also PEG clients in a respectful manner is a must. As a representative of PEG, the ideal candidate must be presentable, organized, self-motivated, detail oriented, and dependable.
The geographical area assigned to this position includes a 100-mile radius with Cleveland, OH at its center.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Training will be needed in the following areas to become Field Engineer:
- Perform Home Energy Audits in accordance with RESNET Guidelines including but not limited to:
- Visual Inspections of applied materials and control assemblies
- Data Collection and Visual Observation of energy efficient features such as
- Model and serial numbers of relevant equipment
- Quality and installation of duct work, insulation, framing, air sealing, ventilation, etc.
- Utilization of equipment to test system performance such as infiltration & Blower Door Testing, Ventilation Testing, Duct Leakage Testing, and Building Air Flow & Pressure Testing
- Adjustment of system settings to either meet design or manufacturer specifications
- Complete any necessary paperwork required for internal reporting including necessary data collection and photographic documentation
- Effectively and professionally communicate with clients throughout the process
- Maintain equipment in accordance with company policy and manufacturer’s specifications
- Comply with company safety policies and procedures
- Troubleshoot and solve problems
- Must have familiarity with Camera/Picture Documentation using iPad and/or iPhone
- Must have the ability to use a computer and have familiarity with Microsoft Excel, SharePoint, Microsoft Outlook, and Microsoft Word
- Must be willing and able to work in extremely confined spaces with high temperatures typically found in attics and other uncomfortable spaces (basements and crawl spaces) which will require being able to climb, balance, kneel, crawl, and lift
- Must be able to work in extreme weather conditions
- Must have the ability to work on ladders (up to 30’) and hand/power tools
- Must be able to frequently lift and move 50 pounds unassisted
- Must be personable, well-groomed, and have the expert ability to effectively communicate with other disciplines or groups and resolve schedule conflicts
- Must be able to read, write, and comprehend technical instructions enough to be able to convey technical information in plain language
- Must have excellent verbal/written communication skills and effective interpersonal skills
- Must be organized, self-motivated, enthusiastic, and dependable
- Must have excellent reporting skills, attention to detail, deadline-oriented, data entry management, and time management skills
- Must have General Math Skills
- 2 years of construction experience (HVAC, Residential Construction) is preferred
- Work experience in house framing, home mechanical systems, and/or general carpentry / Blueprints (helpful)
- Must be willing to obtain additional certifications/licenses as required including RESNET HERS Rater Certification
- Must have a Valid Driver’s License in good standing with an insurable driving record
- Must be able to complete a Pre-employment Background Check/Drug Testing
- Training will be provided and is required for this position.
About PEG, LLC
PEG, LLC is in its 23rd year as a diverse energy efficiency, engineering, environmental, and management consulting firm operating principally in the Eastern and Central United States. PEG specializes in building energy performance, green building program compliance, building diagnostics, environmental and code compliance, thermal performance, HVAC design and operation, and construction defect. These capabilities have enabled PEG to become a leader in the application of national green building standards and demand side energy efficiency protocols. Operating as a design consultant and boots on the ground interim and continuous inspection agent, PEG leads the way in verification of effective planning and real-world application of all aspects of sustainable construction. PEG performs at every level of contracting from commercial structures to residential dwellings to charitable endeavors.
PEG’s staff of professionals come from a diverse spectrum of education and experience, but all possess a unique understanding and passion for applied excellence that solves the needs of their clients with a steady hand on the science involved and a constant awareness of cost efficiency.
Awarded 2020’s Energy Star Partner of the Year for Sustained Excellence, PEG presents a comprehensive capacity for the practical application and understanding of engineering and environmental solutions to challenges experienced in the construction and operation of the built environment.
PEG services focus on several key areas with the application of more than twenty years of consultation excellence for clients throughout the United States and abroad. These key areas include: Mechanical Engineering, Environmental Science and Engineering, Energy Efficiency, Built Environment Consulting, and Third-Party Program Implementation.
Please visit our website at www.pegenv.com to learn more about PEG!
PEG, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to ApplyApply by visiting this page.
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405