Full-Time Green Building Systems Analyst (Architecture, Design, and Construction)
ArchEcology, LLC is a small, women-owned Sustainability Consulting Business looking for an experienced Building Systems Analyst.
This position will provide technical analysis services to green building projects seeking design guidance and green building certification. We combine years of architectural design and construction observation experience with extensive green building performance consulting. Our projects are varied and include commercial office buildings, multi-family housing, civic and municipal buildings, recreational facilities, and industrial buildings.
A successful candidate will provide technical consulting to green building projects and to clients interested in incorporating sustainable development practices into their projects.
In the first three months you will:
- Provide technical consulting and documentation for projects seeking LEED® or other green building certification including but not limited to:
- Develop building lifecycle analyses
- Generate daylight simulations
- Evaluate ventilation rates and outside air flow
- Calculate lighting power density
- Assess thermal comfort
- Provide accurate and concise analysis and research to make recommendations to project teams that facilitate decision making on green building projects.
- Keep project status current by maintaining scorecards, credit updates, submittal logs, task lists and on-line documentation
Over time you will:
- Perform project takeoffs in CAD or Revit.
- Assist project team during planning, design and construction with identifying and implementing building practices that increase resource efficiency, reduce carbon footprints, use sustainable materials, offer increased occupant health and safety, and integrate low impact development principles.
- Perform project support tasks for multiple Project Managers
- Interface with a wide range of internal and external resources including clients, architects, engineers, contractors, cost estimators and facility managers.
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture, interiors, engineering, environmental management or construction
- Minimum 5 years’ experience participating in green building projects, with LEED certification experience preferred
- Excellent research and analytical skills
- Professional demeanor with good communication skills
- Proficiency in AutoCAD/Revit and MS Office required
- Knowledge of Sketchup, Sefaira, LightStanza, Athena desired
- LEED Accredited Professional or Sustainable Building Advisor preferred
- Strong work ethic and commitment to contributing to a collaborative team environment
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance policies
- Prescription and pharmacy benefits
- Mental health coverage
- Retirement planning
- Paid time off
- Paid vacation time
- Paid sick leave
- Extended leave
- Family leave
- Disability benefits
- Workers’ compensation
- Continuing education
- Travel and spending expenses
- Company equipment
- Company transportation
- Remote work flexibility options
We offer a learning environment with an open collaborative team approach. We have a flexible, supportive culture with a hybrid work schedule. Our goal is to make sustainability easy for our clients and their projects teams so that green buildings are the norm rather than the exception. Salary is commensurate with experience. Room for growth and opportunity.
For more information about our company, please visit our website. http://www.archecology.com/
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
How to ApplyInterested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Sarah@CharretteVG.com and include “ArchEcology Green Building Systems Analyst” in the subject line.
Please address the following questions:
- What is your level of proficiency in English?
- Are you legally authorized to work in the United States?
- Are currently located in the Seattle area, or do you have plans to relocate to Seattle? Are you comfortable commuting to this job's location?
- Have you completed the following level of education: Bachelor's Degree?
- How many years of work experience do you have using Revit?
- How many years of Systems Analyst experience do you currently have?
- Do you have the following license or certification: Certified Sustainable Development Professional (CSDP)?
- Do you have the following license or certification: LEED Accredited Professional?
- How many years of work experience do you have using AutoCAD?
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405