Full-Time Grassroots Fundraising Coordinator
Northern Plains is a grassroots organization of people from the plains and mountains, cities and towns. We are everyday Montanans who love where we live. We stand up, shoulder-to-shoulder, to protect this place we all call home.
We believe that true prosperity begins with healthy land, water, and air. We believe that our families, farms, ranches, schools, businesses, governments, and communities thrive when we are good stewards of these resources. We believe that if we look beyond our fences, listen to one another, and keep our minds open, we will find creative solutions to secure a clean, healthful environment for all.
We are working toward a future where we live in harmony with nature, where our economy serves the people rather than the people serving the economy, where neighbors work side-by-side to build a world that lives up to our ideals of fairness, inclusion, and justice.
For 50 years, Northern Plains Resource Council has helped Montanans organize to protect water quality, family farms and ranches, and our unique quality of life.
LOCATION: Billings, Montana.
Join our talented team as the Grassroots Fundraising Coordinator, and be part of a well-established, dynamic fundraising program. Northern Plains provides top-notch training, and opportunities for growth. The primary focus of the Grassroots Fundraising Coordinator is to build and support our base of individual donors. This includes organizing outreach activities and events, writing fundraising materials to support our individual fundraising efforts, and playing an integral role in our major donor program.
Occasional overnight travel (ca. 5-10 times/year) is required.
Check out our website for more information on the organization: www.northernplains.org .
SPECIFIC DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Playing a leading role in planning and coordinating our annual Grassroots Donor Campaign including analyzing donor data, writing donation materials and case statements, and making direct donor solicitations.
- Writing and editing fundraising and organizational materials including emails, direct mail fundraising and renewal letters, and thank-you notes. This includes ensuring that our fundraising materials employ solid fundraising science.
- Serve as lead staffer for the Northern Plains Annual Meeting – working with members, staff, donors, and vendors to organize a successful two day event.
- Planning and execution of general Northern Plains’ fundraising and outreach events which may include Green Drinks, Online Auction, Film Festivals, etc.
- Taking part in relevant staff teams (grassroots fundraising, communications, and other teams as assigned) and participating in other organizational activities as needed.
- Commitment to Northern Plains’ issues and values.
- Demonstrated commitment to working for social change / environmental protection.
- Strong writing and editing skills with demonstrated experience regularly producing quality written materials.
- Must be well-organized, meet deadlines, and able to communicate deadlines to staff and members.
- Experience with nonprofit databases or technical skills necessary to quickly develop a working understanding of databases.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Suite.
- Ability to demonstrate confidence and generate excitement about fundraising among staff and members.
- Excellent people skills and ability to develop relationships.
- Experience with nonprofit fundraising preferred.
- Ability to work in a job that has many moving parts.
- Familiarity with environmental and agricultural issues, or familiarity with broader movements for social, economic, and environmental justice.
- Experience with media and communications.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
Salary range is $40-45,000 per year (commensurate with experience); health insurance (20% employee contribution); 4 weeks’ vacation; sick leave, holidays, pension program; opportunity to work from home, sabbatical program after 5 years of employment, and the opportunity to work with the best team of staff and members in the country!
How to ApplyThis position is open until filled, but we encourage applications as soon as possible. Email the following to email@example.com :
- Cover letter (tell us why you want the job);
- Writing sample;
- Contact information for 3 professional references.