Full-Time Fellowship Opportunity: U.S. and E.U. Fuels Policy
The ICCT seeks a highly self-motivated, enthusiastic person to contribute to researching the future of decarbonizing transportation fuels in the United States. This fellow will conduct research on the role of electric vehicles in low carbon fuel policies and on advanced biofuel sustainability. Representative work can be seen on the ICCT’s Fuels and Electric Vehicles home pages. This will be a 12-month fellowship in ICCT’s Washington, D.C. office.
• Assess the role of existing low-carbon fuels standards in supporting the deployment of electric vehicles;
• Evaluate various implementation and structural options for EV financial incentives;
• Collect data and quantify the cost of electric vehicle deployment in the near future;
• Synthesizing findings into a technical report;
• Contribute to research on the land use and greenhouse gas impacts of advanced biofuel feedstocks in the European Union, and
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering, science, transportation, or related field; Masters’ degree is a plus;
• Demonstrated interest and experience in energy policy, electric vehicles, or alternative fuels is a plus;
• Excellent and demonstrated quantitative, analytical, and research skills;
• Strong interpersonal and English communication skills, both written and verbal;
• Strong proficiency with MS Office; and
• Great organization and collaboration skills, combined with flexibility and a positive attitude.
This is a full-time, temporary position (40 hours/week) for 12 months offering a comprehensive benefits package. For the right candidate, this opportunity may lead to regular, full-time employment depending on organizational resources and the Fellow’s performance. The position will be based in the ICCT’s Washington, D.C. office.
The ICCT is an independent, global, non-profit research organization that supports effective policy-making on climate change and public health by providing timely, accurate, data-driven research and advice to regulators, NGOs, and other stakeholders. The ICCT has offices in Washington, D.C., San Francisco, Berlin, and Beijing. The ICCT offers a mission-driven and culturally diverse workplace where intelligence, flexibility, transparency, and good humor are highly valued. Learn more about us at www.theicct.org.