Full-Time Executive Assistant
The Climate Action Campaign is looking for a multitasking, detail-oriented, self-driven, professional Executive Assistant with 3-5 years of experience to support our Campaign Director and the Senior Leadership Team.
This dynamic position requires the ability to anticipate needs, think critically, and offer solutions to problems with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
- With support from the Sr. Director of Operations, the Executive Assistant will serve as a professional assistant to the Campaign Director and have these responsibilities: (70%)
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks that facilitate the Campaign Director’s ability to effectively lead the organization, including: assisting with special projects; designing and producing complex documents, reports, and presentations; collecting and preparing information for meetings with staff and outside parties; composing and preparing correspondence; meeting participation note taking and tracking follow-ups and due outs; making travel arrangements; and completing expense and mileage reports.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the Campaign Director including those of a highly confidential or critical nature, prioritize and determine appropriate course of action, referral, or response, exercising judgement to reflect Campaign Director’s style and organization policy.
- Provide sophisticated calendar management for the Campaign Director. Prioritize inquiries and requests while troubleshooting conflicts; make judgements and recommendations to ensure smooth day-to-day engagements.
- Work closely with the Campaign Manager to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Act as a “barometer,” having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the Campaign Manager updated.
- Anticipate Campaign Manager’s needs in advance of meetings, conferences, etc.
- Provide “gatekeeper” and “gateway” role, providing a bridge for smooth communication between the Campaign Manager and staff, demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust, and support with the Executive Team. Complete projects by assigning work to appropriate staff, including the Executive Team, on behalf of the Campaign Manager.
- Engage in strategic projects in service of the Campaign Director and the Senior Leadership Team, as requested.
- Track progress for both internal and external assignments.
- Drive and manage cross-functional initiatives.
- Provide sophisticated calendar and scheduling management.
- Maintain organizational operations (30%)
- Provide operational support to the Campaign.
- Manage and maintain organizational assets such as listservs and directories, shared drives and files, various subscriptions and licenses, etc.
- Work with the Operations team to provide additional administrative support including office management, onboarding and offboarding, expense reconciliation, materials development, etc.
- Schedule, support, and staff routine meetings and briefings for both the Campaign Director and Senior Leadership Team.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Who We Are
The Climate Action Campaign (CAC) is a highly effective, unbranded coalitions of national climate, conservation, and progressive groups, state and local partners, and key allies working to protect clean air and promote action to limit climate change. The Campaign serves as an important center of gravity and convening body for dozens of organizations working together to win the passage of ambitious federal climate policy that is centered on investment, standards, jobs, health, and justice. The Executive Assistant is a member of the Operations Team who reports to the Campaign Director directly. The Climate Action Campaign is based in Washington D.C., not San Diego, California. Visit us online at: http://www.actonclimate.com/.
Who You Are
A successful candidate for this position is a mission-driven, hardworking, creative thinker with a desire to have input into and help shape our strategies going forward taking full advantage of working with the Campaign Manager who has/is:
- 3-5 years providing support to an executive or an executive team
- Professional and highly organized with quick problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and in a fast-paced campaign environment
- Takes a proactive approach to project management and also has the ability to multi- task and triage incoming requests
- Confidence managing up internally and externally
- Excellent judgement with a strong intuition for exercising discretion
- Able to rapidly shift between multiple projects and priorities
- Excellent communication skills including writing, editing and interpersonal diplomacy
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Ability to maintain records and manage office needs
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and with others in a cooperative, enthusiastic and friendly manner
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work in a dynamic and complex environment to meet deadlines and daily requirements with impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to identify and act upon opportunities to enhance results and manage problems without needing to be asked
- Ability to react with appropriate levels of urgency to situations and events that require quick response or turnaround
- Ability to complete a high volume of tasks and projects with little guidance
- Ability to manage and execute multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability in an evolving role
- Familiarity with environmental issues is a plus but not required
The ideal candidate is a creative thinker with desire to have input into and help shape our strategies going forward taking full advantage of working closely with the Campaign’s Director.
The Fine Print
This is a full-time position based in Washington, DC, though our teams are currently working from home due to COVID-19.
The target salary for this position is $55,000 depending on experience. We offer an excellent benefits package which includes 100% employer paid medical, dental, and vision insurance, generous paid time off, and a 401k plan.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to economic and social justice and do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. Women, people of color, LGBTQ people, and members of other historically disenfranchised populations are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to ApplyPlease visit this link to submit your cover letter and resume.
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405