Full-Time Electric Transportation Equity Manager
The Southern Alliance for Clean Energy – seeks a manager to work toward diversity and education in Electric Transportation in the Southeast. This position will be based in Georgia.
The Southern Alliance for Clean Energy (SACE), a Southeastern, regional, not-for-profit environmental advocacy organization promotes responsible and equitable energy choices that work to address the impacts of global climate change and ensure clean, safe and healthy communities throughout the Southeast. After more than 30 years, SACE remains the only regional organization solely focused on transforming the way we produce and consume energy in the Southeast.
For more information about our work, visit www.cleanenergy.org
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The primary role of the position is working to accelerate the transition to equitable electric transportation (ET) by promoting the growth of electric transportation ownership for all and supporting equitable ET policies and programs. Central to the work will be educating and engaging diverse stakeholders, identifying strategic policy to propel EV usage, and advocating for comprehensive ET infrastructure. SACE, as an organization, works to recognize the increasing and evolving diversity in our region, as well as the impacts of the historical legacy of racial inequity in the American South, we strive to work collaboratively on meaningful solutions.
The ET Equity Manager will advise program staff and help ensure that DEI principles are infused across all electric transportation programs and activities. Actively promotes and supports diversity, equity, and inclusion in SACE’s workplace culture and practices, external operations, and interactions with all stakeholders
- Solutions focused: SACE is looking for people who can adapt to the everchanging world of climate related challenges.
- Collaborative and independent: We need team members who can take initiative, operate well independently and as part of a team.
- Building a learning culture: SACE is looking for people who love reflecting and learning in everything they do so we can keep adapting and growing as a team.
- Goal oriented: We need a team that understands long- and short-term goals
- Cultural competency: Our constituency is politically, racially, generationally, and economically diverse.
- Credible: SACE’s power comes from our commitment to accuracy and relationship follow-through.
Qualifications & Skills
The position requires that the individual possess the ability to communicate clearly and effectively when speaking and writing, manage their time efficiently. Additional qualifications sought in an individual employed in this position include:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Prefer a candidate who has worked in the equity and environmental justice space in Georgia, including but not limited to community outreach and/or advocacy and able to apply their skillset regionally
- Able to work with other partner organizations
- Comfortable educating and working with the general public, in person and/or virtually
- Work will be virtual or in a co-working space
- Enjoy getting to know new people!
- Ability to juggle several projects at one time.
- Commitment to clean energy policy and civic engagement.
- Familiarity with environmental issues, clean energy, policy advocacy, public health or housing is nice to have but not required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- A belief in the mission, goals, and values of Southern Alliance for Clean Energy.
Salary and Benefits
Salary offers are commensurate with nonprofit compensation in the Southeast. Excellent benefits package optional, plus vacations/holidays. SACE is proud of our team environment offering support, mentorship and ongoing learning opportunities.
Southern Alliance for Clean Energy is an equal opportunity employer and considers candidates for employment without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital status or sexual orientation. We strongly encourage applications from women and persons of diverse racial and ethnic backgrounds.
Closing Date: Open until filled