Full-Time Digital Campaigner
Digital Campaigner – Climate Action Campaign
The Climate Action Campaign is seeking a Digital Campaigner to join our digital and communications (DigiComms) team. We’re looking for a proactive, strategic and tactical thinker eager to create opportunities to grow audiences and evolve our digital strategy in service to the mission. The Digital Campaigner will bring knowledge in reporting and analytics to help make data-driven decisions regarding digital strategy, content creation and campaign execution across CAC’s social channels, email, and website.
The Digital Campaigner will report to the Digital Director and work collaboratively across the organization. We are a nationwide team working with a wide range of leaders and a cross-sector ecosystem of partner organizations.
Key responsibilities may include:
- Developing and executing strategies to accelerate audience growth and engagement and drive traffic from established and emerging social platforms
- Coordinating the creation of platform-specific content, developing visual assets and producing social media kits for distribution around key moments
- Maintaining social accounts, primarily on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
- Deriving insights from analytics to inform digital strategy and advise editorial strategies
- Advising on headlines to maximize engagement and optimize SEO
- Collaborating with agency partners on strategy and content production for social media channels
- The Digital Campaigner may also be required to take on other duties as needed to help drive forward our mission and vision.
Who You Are
The ideal candidate will bring:
- Proactivity, collaborative working and an interest in working with a dynamic and distributed team.
- At least 2+ years experience in a digital-focused marketing, engagement and/or communications role.
- Demonstrable success driving audience development for a publication or institution, including experience in the management of social media and SEO optimization.
- Strong social-specific writing ability, including the ability to think creatively and translate in-depth stories into compelling headlines and shareable social posts.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite and have created visual assets for use via social media channels and email campaigns.
- An interest or previous experience working in rapid response communications.
- Familiarity with, or interest in, learning more about environmental issues, climate change, and related topics.
For this position, we are background-agnostic and would like to hear from applicants of all professional backgrounds with varied skill sets and personal experiences. We not only work on diversity issues, but also believe that diversity is a strength for our team. We are also looking forward to meeting with candidates that can bring fresh insight to the team. If you do not meet all of the requirements outlined in the job description below, but believe you could thrive in the role and support CAC’s mission, we encourage you to apply.
Who We Are
The Climate Action Campaign (CAC) is a highly effective coalition of national climate, conservation, and progressive groups, state and local partners, and key allies working to protect clean air and promote action to limit climate change. The Campaign serves as an important center of gravity and convening body for dozens of organizations working together to win the passage of ambitious federal climate policy that is centered on investment, standards, jobs, health, and justice. The Climate Action Campaign is based in Washington D.C., not San Diego, California. Visit us online at: http://www.actonclimate.com/.
The Fine Print
This is a full-time, Exempt position. Washington, DC is the preferred location for this position, but candidates in other locations will be considered. CAC staff are currently working in a hybrid set-up. COVID vaccinations are required for onsite work. Staff will work East Coast hours regardless of their location.
The starting salary for this position begins at $55,000 and is commensurate based on experience. We offer an excellent benefits package which includes 100% employer paid medical, dental, and vision insurance, generous paid time off, and a 401k plan.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to economic and social justice, and do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law. Women, BIPOC, LGBTQ+ people, and members of other historically disenfranchised populations are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Please follow the link below to apply. Please be sure to include both a resume and a cover letter: https://climateactioncampaign.hire.trakstar.com/jobs/fk027lz?source=
- If you require reasonable accommodations for a disability so that you may participate in the selection process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.