Full-Time Development Manager
The Global Conservation Corps (GCC) is seeking a Development Manager who will support the implementation of our fundraising strategies and operations. We’re searching for someone who is extremely passionate about building personal relationships with GCC’s patrons and partners, while keeping their focus on large opportunities for the company’s long-term growth and expansion. The individual needs to have a deep passion and understanding of GCCs mission, and to be able to effectively communicate this vision to the public. We’re looking for someone who is excited to help grow and develop the organization well into the future. .With GCC operating across 17 time zones around the world, we’re looking for a highly motivated self-starter, who can work independently of continuous supervision. The position will require the exceptional ability to identify specific funding streams, find partnership alignment, and understand the motivations of individual donors. The position will require substantial travel throughout the United States, and at times, to South Africa and Europe.
This full-time position will be based remotely. At this time, we are looking for U.S.-based candidates only.
What you will do:
- Develop and curate GCC’s online fundraising campaigns including the membership and individual giving programs.
- Collaboration with the social media team to create supporting fundraising content, media and copy
- Corporate partnerships including; sales pipeline curation, partner engagement, overseeing and managing partnership deliverables, and marketing material development
- Support GCC Executive Director in growing the Major Gifts program, including Foundation identification and support
- Identify opportunities to market GCC travel experiences through various channels and networks
Grant writing and management (30%)
- Research and identify opportunities that align with GCC’s programmatic work and strategic priorities
- Write and complete grant applications, conduct internal coordination as needed, ensure submission and follow-up
Administrative oversight (20%)
- Manage the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platform with integrations into various funding strategies
- Liaise with GCC marketing and communications team for events, fundraising campaigns etc.
- Manage development related internal working groups and conduct reporting and coordination across the whole team as needed
Events and merchandise sales (15%)
- Manage and execute in-person and virtual fundraising events, including: logistical support, vendor curation, vetting and management, supplies/materials management, oversight and coordination of the team internally, etc.
- Creative oversight, including ideation and design of events
- External partnership development and relationship management for collaborative events
- Attend specified networking, conservation or opportune events to market GCC, and if required, present our work to an audience
- Maintain our e-commerce platform for merchandise sales
We’re searching for an individual who has the experience, skills, passion and insights to elevate GCC to a higher level of organizational growth. While we’re open to different combinations of educational and real-world experience, the qualifications we’re generally looking for include:
- A minimum of 5 years experience in the nonprofit development world, with preference shown towards expertise in the conservation, education, or tourism sectors
- A degree in nonprofit management, marketing, communications or comparable academic field is preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of grant application processes, and proven track record of successful grant applications
- Experience working with and managing different CRM platforms and project management software
- Experienced event planner and facilitator
- Knowledgeable and experienced crafting online fundraising campaigns
- Foundational knowledge of nonprofit fundraising streams, including online fundraising, membership programs, Major Gifts, corporate social responsibility (CSR) partnerships
- Experience with hands-on donor relations, relationship management and cultivation
- Organized and self-motivated, able to work remotely and in a self-directed manner
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong emotional intelligence and cultural sensitivity, ability to work with diverse groups
What we care about most:
- You are a clear communicator who can convey ideas and build compelling narratives, gives and receives productive feedback.
- You are excited by a dynamic work environment where a single day might see you coming up with a great idea for a cocktail mixer, writing up a grant application, helping the video team develop a donor thank you video, and working on a CRM spreadsheet.
- You have an innate passion for human interaction and connection; you genuinely enjoy thinking about how to create spaces to enable great social interactions.
GCC is committed to creating the enabling conditions for systemic change in the conservation space. Our vision encompasses a world where people thrive alongside thriving wildlife populations, where a harmonious relationship is restored and maintained, primarily through the leadership and management of local communities. We are a group of passionate people from all around the globe who have joined forces for good. GCC is poised to scale our programs and impact rapidly, and we’re assembling the best team possible to help us get there.
You can learn more about us here.
All GCC staff members in the USA work remotely. We offer flexibility and an opportunity to work in a self-directed environment.
This is a full-time, salaried and exempt position. GCC offers a competitive benefits package including paid-vacation, paid travel work expenses and health insurance costs.
GCC is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
How to ApplyPlease click the link below to apply for this job: https://apply.workable.com/j/D25592FCA7
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405