Full-Time Coordinator, Agriculture (Flexible Location: California / Western U.S.)
NEPCon (Nature, Economy and People Connected) is a non-profit organization that works for sustainable land use and climate-friendly solutions. With 250+ staff around the world, our projects build capacity, raise awareness, conserve nature and streamline sustainability through innovation.
Our organization and our activities are growing, and in this context, we are looking for a Coordinator, Agriculture to join our US team!
You will primarily be responsible for supporting the successful operation and development of the region’s agricultural certification services. You will manage the certification process for clients, which includes conducting Rainforest Alliance Farm and Chain of Custody (CoC) as well as the RSPO Supply Chain audits. You will assist in the overall growth and development of these services. This could include facilitating training events, attending tradeshows, and soliciting new clients.
This role will also coordinate the execution of Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) CoC certification services for a subset of existing NEPCon clients in the US and Canada. You will be directly involved in all aspects of CoC certification audits including scheduling, project management, customer service, management of contract auditors and quality control, and act as auditor.
The position is multifaceted and includes:
- Managing the execution of Farm and CoC audits to include budgeting, service contracts, team identification, logistical planning, support to consultants, report review, liaison with clients and finalizing reports for approval;
- Developing and implementing annual audit schedules and ensuring timely and efficient completion of annual audits;
- Acting as auditor on selected assessments and audits;
- Ensuring efficiency, quality control and adherence to technical and administration certification protocols for all jobs directly under his/her responsibilities;
- Coordinating with consultants on agreement scope of work and subsequent deliverables;
- Providing customer service to current and potential clients to include, but is not limited to, providing information about certification, guidance on interpretation of certification standards and trademark use;
- Developing strong expertise in NEPCon and Rainforest Alliance policies and protocols;
- Acting as primary point of contact in client correspondence and responding to inquiries;
- Providing monthly expense and progress reports to line manager;
- Providing input for policy development and technical improvements to the certification system;
- Managing and maintaining technical and administrative databases (e.g., Salesforce, other NEPCon databases services);
- Providing certification administration services support for clients in the region;
- Monitoring and maintaining the status of the certificate client portfolio (activations, suspensions, terminations, changes in scope, updating customer data, etc.); and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree (4 years) in agronomy, ecology, or related field;
- Minimum of 2 years of field experience;
- Previous experience working on/with farms;
- Previous auditing experience is preferred;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English required;
- Conversational verbal communication skills in Spanish required;
- Proficiency in MS Office Package (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- You are a service minded, open and friendly person, who likes – and are good at – communicating with people on all levels;
- You have good planning and time management skills and an analytical approach;
- You are well organized and can maintain structure in the office;
- You are proactive and can think one step ahead on practicalities;
- Paying attention to details comes naturally to you – and you are good at it!
- You are a constructive team-player and have an open attitude towards other cultures, as we collaborate across borders in our organisation;
- You believe in NEPCon’s vision and mission and want to contribute to fulfilling it.
- Work time: 35 hours/week plus competitive benefits package;
- The position reports to our Agriculture Specialist;
- Working location: home-based, California or Western United States;
- Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience;
- Valid driver’s license and ability to rent a car;
- Expected starting date: as soon as possible;
- Willingness to travel locally and nationally.
- An exciting and challenging position within a dynamic and innovative international organisation with a mission-driven work atmosphere;
- A friendly, international team of colleagues, with a pleasant work environment;
- Excellent opportunities for growth and professional development;
- All employees are members of the organization and have the opportunity to contribute to the overall development of NEPCon through the annual General Assembly;
- International training in certification services provided by NEPCon;
- Potential international travel opportunities.
How to Apply
|Please submit your CV and letter of application including salary expectations, by February 14, 2020 via the NEPCon website: https://www.nepcon.org/about-us/careers Please note: Only applicants legally eligible to work in the United States will be considered. NEPCon wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.|
|For questions, please contact: Porter Friedman, Agriculture Specialist Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|