Location: Brooklyn New York City, USA. Co-working space.
Start date: As soon as possible. An indication of the notice period you are required to work out (if relevant) and your earliest possible start date
Hours of work: Full time, contract to 45 hours per week, Monday to Friday. Summer Fridays end June to Labor Day (9 weeks) 40 hours per week.
About the company:
Eunomia Research & Consulting is an independent and ethical environmental consultancy. Our goal is not simply to make a profit, but to make a difference, and we embrace this in all that we do.
We specialize in the fields of waste management, resource efficiency, circular economy, low carbon energy, marine plastics and mechanisms to support the provision of green infrastructure. With the continuous increase in exposure of environmental issues across today’s headlines, these fields are growing in significance, and our business is growing as demand for our services increases. Eunomia currently has around 70 employees worldwide, working across a range of offices throughout the UK and Europe, New York, USA and Auckland, NZ.
We are appointed advisors to a broad range of organizations from trans-national bodies such as the OECD, UNEP and the European Union, through to national governments, local authorities, business support organizations and numerous blue-chip companies, private equity funds and lenders. Our ability to think creatively in a commercial context alongside our reputation for being at the cutting edge of policy and practice, allows us to effectively tailor our client support and advisory services.
Our passion to lead by example and our enthusiastic and supportive team, makes Eunomia a stimulating and rewarding place to work.
Eunomia opened its North America (NA) office in 2017, and following a number of successes in the fields of EPR, food waste reduction and illegal dumping, is seeking to grow its team in order to service existing clients and also develop new opportunities. The NA team will regularly work with and learn from experienced professionals in the UK ensuring Eunomia NA gains a reputation as being at the forefront of waste management and resource efficiency consultancy across North America. Our vision is to be influential agents of positive change, and we are looking for motivated and passionate individuals to help us achieve this vision.
Candidates should have at least three years of relevant experience. The successful candidate will primarily work with, and be managed monitored by, our NA Director, as well as experienced Senior Consultants. The successful applicant will be joining a small team, and as such, their role and responsibilities will be varied. The successful candidate must be flexible to the changing needs of the business and be happy to take on a range of roles including business administration, project management, business development, marketing, and others such as required to support the growth of the business.
Key responsibilities may include but not be limited to:
- Delivery of projects including running client meetings and managing key deliverables
- Writing client reports
- Drafting and delivering presentations
- Undertaking research on a wide range of environmental topics including legislation and policy; extended producer responsibility
- Data analysis
- Bid writing
- Business administration support
- Supporting with business development including attending networking events
- Supporting Eunomia’s marketing team to develop PR and marketing content that promotes US-based work
North America Director
- North America Director
- Senior Consultants
We are seeking a highly motivated, confident and passionate Consultant to be the second employee in a growing team. The ideal candidate should reflect our values and commitment to quality and be expected to be self-disciplined, well organized and present themselves in a professional manner. A personal interest in, and commitment to recycling and other environmental and sustainability issues is expected, as is an interest in social media, building online communities and marketing. On a personal level, the successful candidate will:
- be a confident and clear communicator;
- be able to motivate themselves
- enjoying seeking out new opportunities for the business to grow
- be willing to travel
- be happy to work, initially, in a small team
We are looking for a candidate with the following minimum experience:
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in at least one of the following professional areas:
- Waste management; and/or
- Environmental services; and/or
- Educated to at least degree level in relevant, discipline, or with practical background or experience relevant to the job description.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant industry experience, either working for public, private or non-profit sector.
- Ability to project manage multiple projects, project client and stakeholders at one time.
- Demonstrable ability to manage projects to time and budget.
- Ability to think creatively and independently and to take initiative to solve problems.
- Excellent verbal skilled including ability to present Eunomia’s work to a wide range of audiences.
- Excellent report writing skills, including technical reports. Ability to transpose technical information into easily communicated messages.
- Excellent data research, collection and analysis skills, including the ability to work with and manipulate large datasets.
- Excellent all-round IT skills, including the use of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment with multiple colleagues, peers, and external clients.
- Ability to develop social media content, build online community and work with the UK marketing team, to increase visibility of Eunomia NA.
- Willing to travel.
- An understanding of waste management legislation.
- An understanding of the commercial aspects of the environmental consultancy
- Ability to write technical articles for industry magazines.
- Broad network.
- Ability to carry out business development including networking, as well as establishing and managing leads
- Personalized benefits that include:
- Contribution to private healthcare; and
- 401K Retirement plan with match contributions (after completion of 3-month probationary period)
Remuneration: Dependent of experience
15 days per year (plus 8 Public Holidays) rising by 1 day for each full year of service to a maximum of 25 days per year.
How to ApplyIn order to be considered all applications should be submitted electronically to email@example.com and must include the following:
- A formal covering letter (maximum 2 pages of A4), addressed to Emma Hanlon summarizing the reasons for applying for the post, your suitability, and why you would like to work for Eunomia. Please also state your notice period you are required to work out (if relevant) and your earliest possible start date.
- Resumé, emphasizing relevant experience.