Full-Time Communications Coordinator
The Andes Amazon Fund (AAF) is looking for a Communications Coordinator to support outreach operations in its Washington, DC office. The main mandate of this role is to support the AAF’s communications efforts with its donors, associates, and with a wider audience on issues related to AAF’s work creating and supporting protected areas in South America’s Andes-Amazon region (read more at http://andesamazonfund.org).
AAF aims to reach its audience via its web page, social media sites, and through printed materials, blogs, and events. This position also is expected to support partners and consultants on media campaigns related to AAF’s mission.
The successful candidate will have a degree in communications or one related to the AAF’s objectives. A clear track record of knowledge and experience in similar endeavors is preferred.
The person is required to have excellent writing and organizational skills, be fluent in both Spanish and English, and possess a can-do attitude.
The AAF offers a competitive salary and an outstanding benefits package.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks
Primary duties and responsibilities include:
– Write, format, and design communications materials as described above
– Update AAF’s website
– Post regularly on AAF’s social media accounts
– Monitor social media and website analytics
– Help staff with preparation of presentations and meeting materials
– Organize and maintain photo and contact databases
– Organize one to three events per year
– Help train AAF grantees in best practices in communications
– Answer general inquiry emails
Programmatic and office support (30%)
– Attend and report on meetings or events as assigned
– Assist staff with grant or contract management
– Assist with travel logistics
– Provide administrative and logistical support for the AAF office as needed
Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Ability
– Bachelor’s Degree in related field required.
– At least 2 years of relevant work experience, with proven track record in communications.
– Fluency in Spanish, with strong speaking, writing, and editing skills in both English and Spanish required.
– Required technical skills: WordPress, Adobe InDesign and/or other graphic design program, Adobe Photoshop and/or Lightroom
– Desired skills: Google Analytics, HootSuite, MailChimp, Final Cut Pro and/or Adobe Premiere, campaign management.
– Creative and energetic, with strong attention to detail.
– Ability to work well in a team.
– Ability to organize and prioritize work and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
– Common sense, flexibility, and teamwork skills with the ability to exercise independent judgment.
– Demonstrated interest in and knowledge of biodiversity conservation, protected areas, the Amazon region and sustainable livelihoods is strongly preferred, as is experience living or working in Latin America.
– Must be willing to travel internationally as needed.
– Eligibility to work in the U.S. required.
New Venture Fund Careers
Andes Amazon Fund is a project of New Venture Fund (NVF), a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. NVF is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. NVF’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.