Full-Time Clean Energy Loan Officer
SELF is hiring a full time Loan Officer in Orlando who will specialize in sustainable home modifications, project management, and customer service.
The nonprofit SELF organization is an award-winning Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) with a ten-year track record of helping Low- and Moderate-Income (LMI) homeowners in Florida access low-cost financing for sustainable home renovation projects. SELF is looking for an energetic self-starter who wants to embark on an exciting career path in the non-profit, community development financing sector, with a focus on energy efficiency, solar, and climate resilience. This position will primarily assist clients with innovative financing programs and project management, as well as contractor recruitment and community outreach.
- Work with the City of Orlando and participating local governments to coordinate outreach efforts to property owners, trade associations, contractors, target markets, and other interested parties to drive loan activity, with a focus on low- and moderate-income communities;
- Responsible for customer relations, loan documentation, and loan closings;
- Collect financial information from clients and perform a loan pre-qualification assessment;
- Assist clients with product selection, prescreening contractors, fair pricing, project management; and loan processing;
- Create and implement marketing strategies with local government partners to accomplish programs goals; and,
- Report loan activity on a weekly basis to SELF-Headquarters.
Loan origination and closing. Customer Relations – This position will analyze, comprehend, and disseminate all information pertaining to a consumer loan application to determine if the client is a good fit to the program. This position must have the ability to explain to customers the different types of loan programs that are available, as well as the terms of these services. The Loan Officer will work with SELF’s Underwriting Department to present the clients with all the necessary information to be evaluated for a loan and they must follow-up with clients to ensure the proper closing of these loan. This position will require organizational skills to manage loan pipeline, follow up and closing. The loan officer will also manage project completion with contractors and ensure proper handling of files. This position will report directly to SELF-Headquarters.
Experience, Abilities, Education and Other Requirements:
- Minimum of 1 year of experience as a loan officer preferred;
- Extensive experience with loan processing and financial software and programs preferred;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, customer service, and sales;
- Experience working with non-profits and low- and moderate-income communities preferred;
- Team player, self-starter, and ability to multi-task;
- Basic knowledge of home renovations, sustainable building practices, solar, and energy efficiency preferred;
- Willingness to travel throughout the Central Florida Region; and,
- Experience with Microsoft Word, spreadsheets, SalesForce, and ICloud preferred.