Internship Cimate Speakers Intern
At The Climate Reality Project, we come to work every day to help solve the climate crisis. We do it by working from the ground up, empowering people and communities worldwide to fight for their future and together drive a just transition to clean energy.
We are committed to building a more just and equitable world, one where all voices are heard and respected regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, or physical ability. Hence, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other historically marginalized communities. We encourage applicants to read our diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice statement on our website.
Internship Program: The goal of our internship program is to provide a high-quality learning experience that helps to form the foundation for a career in the climate change or environmental movement for a diverse group of individuals seeking hands-on work experience in the field.
We offer paid internships in three cycles (spring, summer, fall) that align to typical college semesters. Each cycle runs for approximately 10-15 weeks. We ask for a 15-20 hour minimum commitment per week. Interns will be allowed to work a maximum of 30 hours per week. The internship opportunities are in a variety of programs and departments that will vary from cycle to cycle. Every Climate Reality intern is assigned a mentor who works closely with them to help navigate the organization, create overall objectives, and oversee their work plan.
While work schedules are typically flexible, all interns are required to dedicate Tuesday afternoons (1-4 PM EST) to be available for meetings.
Interns will be paid $15.20 per hour and will be provided a Climate Reality laptop to use during their internship.
Our Washington, DC office is presently closed due to the COVID-19 health emergency. Therefore, we will accept remote interns who work/reside in the following states for the spring 2022 cycle: CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IL, MD, ME, NC, NY, NV, OR, PA, TN, TX, and VA.
Successful applicants must be at least 18 years of age and will be asked to show proof that they can legally work in the United States. Students and non-traditional students are encouraged to apply.
The Climate Speakers Network (CSN) is a program of The Climate Reality Project that leverages our experience educating over 30,000 Climate Leaders to train, support, and empower peer messengers working to connect climate change with their community. The CSN works with partner organizations to engage politically and culturally diverse communities who can reach out to their peers in the context of commonly shared values distinct to each audience. By leveraging peer messengers and shifting the narrative on climate change to focus on solutions, the Climate Speakers Network is expanding the chorus of voices calling for action. CSN is looking for an intern to join our team in Spring 2022.
· Conducting grassroots outreach to event hosts and partner organizations.
· Researching local community groups and engagement opportunities for the Climate Speakers Network.
· Assisting with the organization and maintenance of the Climate Speakers Network database.
· Assisting in recruitment, event coordination and logistics for full day and half day climate change peer-messenger trainings for domestic and international audiences.
· Helping create event materials.
· Depending on intern’s interests and experience additional responsibilities
could include: researching international, national, state and local climate change impacts and solutions and creating presentations
· Organized, detail-oriented, and able to work both independently and as part of a team.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, in-person and on the phone.
· Strong Microsoft Office skills.
· Prior experience in environmental advocacy, grassroots organizing, or political campaigning.
· Experience with Apple Keynote or PowerPoint.
· This position requires a minimum of 20 hours per week.
How to ApplySend a resume, cover letter, short writing sample, and dates of availability to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the subject line in the email to identify that you are interested in the Climate Speakers Network Internship. Applications will be accepted until a candidate is identified.
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405