Internship Chapter Support Internship Spring 2023
The Climate Reality Project is a nonprofit organization founded by former US Vice President Al Gore. Our mission is to catalyze a global solution to the climate crisis by making urgent action a necessity across every sector of society.
At The Climate Reality Project, we come to work every day to help solve the climate crisis. We do it by working from the ground up, empowering people and communities worldwide to fight for their future and together drive a just transition to clean energy.
We are committed to building a more just and equitable world, one where all voices are heard and respected regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, or physical ability. Hence, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other historically marginalized communities. We encourage applicants to read our diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice statement on our website.
Internship Program: The goal of our internship program is to provide a high-quality learning experience that helps to form the foundation for a career in the climate change or environmental movement for a diverse group of individuals seeking hands-on work experience in the field.
We offer paid internships in three cycles (spring, summer, fall) that align to typical college semesters. Each cycle runs for approximately 10-15 weeks. We ask for a 15-20 hour minimum commitment per week. Interns will be allowed to work a maximum of 30 hours per week. The internship opportunities are in a variety of programs and departments that will vary from cycle to cycle. Every Climate Reality intern is assigned a mentor who works closely with them to help navigate the organization, create overall objectives, and oversee their work plan.
Interns will be paid $16.10 per hour and will be provided a Climate Reality laptop to use during their internship.
For this internship role we will accept remote interns who work/reside in the following states for the Spring 2023 cycle: CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IL, MA, MD, NC, NY, NV, OR, PA, TN, TX and VA.
For DC applicants, our office is open. Our current policy is a hybrid approach with an option for our staff to come in at 20% of the time.
Successful applicants must be at least 18 years of age and will be asked to show proof that they can legally work in the United States. Students and non-traditional students are encouraged to apply.
Department Overview: The Climate Reality Project is looking for an intern to join our Chapter Support Team (CST), a sub-team of our Engagement team, to assist with programming, volunteer management, and support for our US-based network of volunteers. CST is responsible for the long-term engagement of our membership, including our trained volunteers called Climate Reality Leaders and members of the public.
- Specific duties and responsibilities include, but may not be limited to the following:
- Supporting the work of CST and Climate Reality Chapters
- Assisting with campaign tactics such as volunteer recruitment, coalition building, media engagement
- Assisting with production of online and offline content and resources for campaigns and Climate Reality chapters
- Researching and tracking chapter related news
- Assisting with webinar research and logistics
- Conducting recruitment outreach to current and potential future chapter leaders and members
- Providing on-going communications via emails or phone calls to Climate Reality Leaders and chapter members
- Assisting with the production of materials for chapters including social media posts, blog posts, etc.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Creative problem solving and experience working on a team
- An interest in environmental advocacy and solving the climate crisis
- Experience with Microsoft Excel
- Experience in volunteer education and outreach
- Prior work in nonprofit advocacy, the climate movement, and/or political campaigns
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion training or experience
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter, resume, and 2-3 references with name, relationship, and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use this subject line: Chapter Support Internship. Also, let us know in your email with your submission the job site or other source where you found our posting.
The Climate Reality Project is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or any other category prohibited by local, state, or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, social, and recreational activities and termination.