Full-Time Business Operations Manager
Boundless is seeking a Business Operations Manager to help manage daily operations of the company, coordinate and support the development of the company’s development of their products and services, and drive all key business administration functions with quality and efficiency. This individual will be responsible for helping manage the overall business operations, including but not limited to, project administration and management, finance, HR, and recruiting – all with an eye towards enabling rapid business growth. The Operations Manager will coordinate the day-to-day operations while seeking opportunities to improve processes and create procedures to enable the team and the business to run efficiently and effectively. Candidates should have operations experience and be comfortable with taking a hands-on approach to management. The ideal candidate takes initiative and is strong at building and empowering individuals and teams.
Who We Are
Boundless is an industry research and environmental impact analysis firm that provides objective and actionable impact analytics that move investment dollars more quickly toward clean technologies and companies driving positive environmental change. We achieve this through a science-based, data-driven approach, grounded in the proven methodology of Life Cycle Assessment. The scores and metrics derived are trustworthy and reliable because they are unbiased and validated by external industry and/or scientific experts. Boundless has the capabilities to perform rapid (and screening) LCA, LCA consistent with ISO 14040, and Scope 1,2,3 inventories.
Boundless has completed assessments of dozens of cleantech products and projects—alongside competing technologies— ranging from renewable energy, circular economy, HVAC and disinfection technologies, bioenergy and bioproducts, and innovative water and wastewater technologies. The resulting company reports frequently influenced investor decisions.
Detailed responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
Business Operations Management
- Ensure research projects are delivered on budget and schedule including accurate time tracking, proper utilization of resources, and high-quality documentation
- Support Research Team with ongoing resource planning and allocation, adjusting goals and expectations with project tracker, and managing budget
- Onboard and manage vendors and experts. Manage contracts to ensure delivery and quality of services are within established terms
- Execute administrative processes that enable organizational efficiency, profitability, and growth
- Manage accounts payable/receivables including payroll and customer billing
- Maintain robust contracts management and reporting system; ensure that the contract billing and collection schedule is adhered to and that financial data and cash flow are consistent and support operational requirements
- Provide and manage quality documentation and financial details to bookkeeper and accountant
- Track and manage budget, forecasting. Provide financial reporting for Boundless management as well as external stakeholders
- Help manage relationships with external partners, customers, and members
- Continuously identify and pursue cost reduction and other efficiency opportunities
- Assist managers with their hiring needs including an ongoing class of interns
- Administer all HR functions including full talent acquisition cycle, employee relations, data management, payroll, benefits planning and administration, visa sponsorship, compensation, and performance management
- Collaborate with onboarding and transitioning team members, as needed
- Manage user onboarding onto business platforms – e.g., HubSpot, Harvest, and Justworks
- Assist CEO and COO with all aspects of the business and support ad-hoc tasks, initiatives, and other special planning and departmental projects
- Oversee upgrades in technical systems, software, and hardware, train team members on new system functionality.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5-7 years of operations and program management
- Demonstrable interest and experience in designing scalable, efficient processes that enable rapid growth
- Ability to help drive operations strategy based on research, data, business direction, and industry trends
- Interpersonal and communication / collaboration skills
- Personal integrity and a team-first mindset
- Exceptional project management skills and results-orientation
- Superior written and verbal communication
- Strong analytic ability and intellectual curiosity