Full-Time Asbestos Abatement Supervisor
Asbestos Abatement Supervisor
Lovett Deconstruction’s mission is to elevate and redefine the industry standard for building deconstruction with a dream team of committed professionals who are energized by service, passionate about teamwork, and committed to the cause of reuse and recycling. We are a company that values diversity and strives toward inclusion, equity, and community. Are you interested in becoming a part of our diverse and dynamic team?
We are currently hiring for an Asbestos Supervisor to lead our asbestos abatement team. This position requires that you hold a current EPA Asbestos Supervisor Certification, with an excellent understanding of Asbestos regulations.
This role requires a self-starter, someone who is hard-working, attentive, and service-oriented. The responsibilities for this position range from rough and dirty, to careful and surgical. You would be supervising a team and coordinating activities of workers engaged in removing asbestos from ceilings, walls, floors, etc. that are part of a larger deconstruction project. You would review job specifications, inspect worksites and confer with our team and contractors to evaluate appropriate removal.
A successful applicant has demonstrable experience in construction and Asbestos Abatement, customer service and a proven ability to effectively communicate. This person will need to accurately complete paperwork related to each project.
- Must hold a current and valid EPA Asbestos Supervisor certification.
- Clean driver’s license.
- Ability to follow directions; read/speak and understand English. (Required)
- Ability to speak Spanish. (Preferred)
- Access and ability to communicate via text, phone, and email.
- Uphold Lovett standards for service, quality, and safety by being professional, knowledgeable, and communicating clearly.
- Capable of lifting ~50lbs, repeatedly over the course of a day.
- Capable of handling power tools and hand tools.
- Capable of prying, pulling and twisting with wrists, arms, shoulders, and back.
- Capable of working in varying weather, wearing Tyvek for prolonged periods, and doing physically demanding tasks such as hauling and handling debris in dusty conditions.
- Ability to work for sustained periods of time using a respirator
- Ability to manage an Asbestos Abatement team
- Experience in deconstruction or construction
- Must be team-oriented, with the ability to run job site safety meetings, participate in daily stretches.
- Participate in Deconstruction of assemblies ranging from full houses to kitchens and shower surrounds with attention to required protection, detail, and salvage throughout.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Acute awareness of cleanliness and process
- Ability to problem solve quickly and effectively
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
What we offer
- Competitive starting wage of $20-24, DOE
- Structured training program and support
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits package
- 401K with Employer Match
- Short term disability insurance
- Monthly Massage benefit
- 6 paid holidays, 5 accrued vacation days, 5 accrued sick days
- Cell phone stipend & Use of company vehicle