Full-Time Sales Arborist
Please send resumes or inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
How to ApplyIn the Role as an Arborist with Almstead Tree, Shrub & Lawn Care Co., you'll provide quality and timely plant health care and general tree care for our valued clients as you service, maintain and grow your assigned sales territory. You'll join a team of arborists working out of our New Rochelle office. This office will give you a strong base of support with our experienced crews, veteran foreman, and large support staff, including administrative staff, an IT team, a marketing team, and a human resources team. You'll check in at the office, but will keep your own calendar of appointments and have a great deal of autonomy to complete your work. We'll help you manage the process at first to set you up well for success. The territories are strictly defined by geography, so you'll know the exact boundaries where you'll work. Your territory currently produces about $1.4M in sales per year, receivables are in great condition, and the customers are very happy, but there is potential for much more. Your goal will be to learn from the current person in the role (who will be retiring soon) so that you can maintain the current sales, and then to go beyond that to grow the customer base even further. Your work will be about 80% residential, serving high-end, affluent, $1M+ homes. You'll spend most of your time face-to-face with existing clients consulting on their property care needs, recommending work, and making the sale. You'll also check in and manage the crews to communicate the vision you and the client discussed and ensure the work is being done to the appropriate specs. The rest of your time will be spent prospecting for new business, seeking out and talking to new potential clients to help solve their landscaping issues, and networking. With your background, you'll already know that the work day may be 8+ hours, with occasional weekends, but you also know that the more you put into the job the more potential commission you can earn. In storm weather you'll be on call 24/7, and you'll be expected to cover alternating Saturdays with the other arborists in the New Rochelle office. We work all year round, so you don't need to worry about an off-season. Some of your specific tasks will be to:
- Service, maintain and grow assigned territory.
- Make client and prospect visits to diagnose and monitor landscapes.
- Negotiate contract and bid proposals for residential and commercial customers.
- Set up personal sales expectations with Branch Managers.
- Develop and implement tree care and plant health care programs.
- Set up crews, supervise work being performed, and complete jobs to client satisfaction.
- Continually prospect for new business.
- Maintain a safe and controlled workplace and environment.
- Enforce company safety and training policies.
- Attend community and industry events to help promote our business.
- Minimum 3 (if degree) to 5 (if no degree) years of experience selling in the arboriculture industry
- ISA certification or an equivalent state licensure
- Proven track record in establishing, maintaining and growing a sales territory
- Hands-on knowledge of tree, plant and lawn care
- The ability to correctly and effectively diagnose and price various tree care treatments
- The ability to prepare and present proposals, either one-on-one or with small groups
- Experience managing large or complex accounts, such as municipal or condo associations, where there are multiple decision makers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong listening skills and the ability to take high quality notes from your conversations with clients that lead to a solid proposal
- A valid driver's license with no current violations
- Two or four year degree in Arboriculture, Forestry, Horticulture, Plant Science, Plant Pathology, Environment Sciences, Biological Sciences, or equivalent.