Full-Time Regional Organizer
NEW JOB OPENINGS AT WORC
The Western Organization of Resource Councils (WORC) seeks two experienced organizers to join our team. The regional organizer position is designed to work with WORC’s leadership and staff teams to plan and execute focused, effective and comprehensive regional campaigns. WORC’s regional organizers work on a variety of issues. We are currently looking for organizers with experience working on agriculture and food, economic diversification, and/or renewable energy issues.
WORC is a regional network of eight grassroots community organizations in seven Western states. WORC is a leader in campaigns to hold the coal, oil and gas industries accountable, create a just transition for fossil-fuel dependent communities, and win economic justice for family farms and ranches and small food producers. WORC is nationally respected for its 40 years of winning campaigns on natural resource, food and farm issues through community organizing, training, leadership development and voter engagement. WORC’s member organizations have 15,190 members and 39 local chapters in seven states.
WORC’s regional organizers play a key role in the development and implementation of successful regional campaigns. Specific responsibilities include:
- Planning and implementing one or more regional campaigns in partnership with leaders and staff of WORC’s member groups.
- Providing strategic support to WORC’s member groups on their local and statewide campaigns.
- Conducting campaign-related research and policy analysis, and producing fact sheets, reports and other materials.
- Ensuring that communications, base-building and fundraising are an integral part of every campaign.
- Working with development staff to meet the organization’s fundraising goals.
- Participating as a member of the leadership and staff development training team, and facilitating training and planning sessions.
- Building the capacity of WORC’s member groups through the targeted delivery of consulting and training assistance.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Highly motivated, proactive work style and excellent organizational skills.
- Personal commitment to the principles of community organizing, with at least three and preferably five years of experience in community organizing.
- Experience managing local, state, regional and/or national issue campaigns.
- Excellent writing, speaking and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience working on agriculture and food, economic diversification, and/or renewable energy issues.
- Knowledge and experience building strong, membership-driven organizations.
- Ability to work effectively with teams, as well as in networks and coalitions.
- Skilled in group dynamics and group decision-making processes.
- Ability to travel and attend weekend and evening meetings.
- Knowledge of the West and its people is a plus.
- Valid driver’s license, or ability to get one, is required.
The positions are full-time, exempt, and based in our Billings, Montana office. Our LEED platinum certified building is a showcase of green building strategies and technologies, and a great place to work. WORC is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce.
SALARY AND STARTING DATE
Salary range $40,000 to $50,000 to start, depending on experience and qualifications, with generous benefits including health and dental insurance, sabbatical, paid vacation and sick leave, flex time policy, and retirement plan with employer contribution.