Full-Time Energy Efficiency Program Manager
Resource Innovations is an environmental consulting company specializing in energy and water efficiency, helping and empowering people to make smart energy choices. With deep roots in energy efficiency program design and implementation, Resource Innovations is leading the industry with innovative program solutions, working with community organizations toward a collaborative economy.
Resource Innovations is seeking a Program Manager/Senior Program Manager to join our team in Chicago, Illinois. This position will be working in a dynamic environment to lead large scale energy efficiency programs in Illinois. The successful candidate will: develop short and long-term implementation plans; actively lead program implementation activities; develop trusted relationships with clients, industry, stakeholders, and program contacts; and respond to client requests. The candidate will also manage a distributed team of outreach and operations staff.
The Program Manager/Senior Program Manager must be able to manage large projects in a rapidly changing environment. He or she must be able to maneuver quickly between design challenges, implementation, and market coordination. This position requires excellent planning, budgeting, and people-management skills. This person will have the ability to readily and effectively redirect the team or project approach in response to new knowledge or unexpected events and circumstances that emerge.
- Manage and develop program design including responsibility for developing work plans to meet goals, aligning staff assignments, managing programs to goal, and providing accurate forecasting both internally and to clients.
- Deliver successful large-budget energy efficiency programs to utility client(s) per contract terms and program budgets.
- Identify, define, quantify, track and drive program deliverables to be submitted accurately and on time.
- Continuous assessment of project progress to goal and development of creative solutions to new issues or market dynamics.
- Manage, lead, and mentor a distributed team, including setting and reviewing performance standards and objectives for direct reports, and creating effective delivery teams.
- Prioritize and coordinate shared resources between projects.
- Develop, manage, and foster partnerships with subcontractors, community groups, and other industry affiliates/stakeholders.
- Manage client expectations, satisfaction, and communications.
- Manage client relationships, including leading regular client meetings and acting as point of contact for specified client relationships.
- Represent Resource Innovations to clients and industry associations, including delivering presentations about the company’s services and opportunities.
- Create financial models and budgets to evaluate and manage projects and opportunities.
- Identify opportunities with clients for expanded work and support business development.
- Evaluate, edit, negotiate and monitor contracts to ensure compliance and timeliness.
- Resolve and/or escalate client issues.
- Produce and submit professional, accurate and timely client invoices and monthly reports, and follow up on late payments.
- Ensure deliverables from central support teams meet standards for quality, accuracy and timeliness.
- Monitor and manage staff and functional teams’ deliverables, track progress and ensure performance.
- Interface with key internal departments such as IT, Marketing, Finance and HR to meet program needs.
- Keep local program team informed of changes in industry and corporate announcements.
- May include leading large and geographically dispersed teams.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Excellent project and program management skills
- Ability and experience in short and long-range planning and strategy
- Proficient in establishing job and work process flows
- Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task while consistently meeting deadlines with accuracy and within budget
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills
- Positive, action-oriented attitude showing initiative and creativity
- Customer service focus
- Ability to collaborate well at all levels within an organization, and a team-player
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 5 years’ experience in energy-efficiency or a related field
- Five-plus years of experience in project management and/or consulting, energy efficiency or utility experience highly desired
- Must have 3+ years direct supervisory experience
- Proven success in developing and implementing project scopes, budgets and plans
- Ability to take full responsibility for projects from inception to close
- Contract development, negotiation, and management experience
- Successful background in developing influential strategic partnerships
- Proven track record of developing and retaining client relationships
- Ability to inspire and motivate others to accomplish their goals
- Ability to comprehend technical concepts and provide context for real-world application of project outcomes
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent presentation skills, including both speaking and writing
- Highest ethical standards
- Proficient skills with Microsoft Office Suite, CRM tools
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Resource Innovations is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, marital status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected status. In addition to federal law requirements, Resource Innovations complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company does work.
The above job description and job requirements are not intended to be all inclusive. Resource Innovations retains the right to make changes or adjustments to job descriptions and/or job requirements at any time without notice.