Full-Time Social Media Coordinator
As a core part of our growing social media team, you’ll have the chance to drive real climate action on a global scale, grow the Climate Reality online brand, and develop content seen by millions. You’ll craft daily social media content, advocate for climate action, promote special events, develop video content or assist with graphic design, grow the Climate Reality base of supporters, and find innovative ways to increase Climate Reality’s brand visibility on social media. Sound like you? Join our team!
Duties and Responsibilities:
Specific duties and responsibilities include,but are not limited to the following.
- Implement the organization’s social media strategy: Assist in managing a cross-channel editorialcalendar. Day-to-day activities to include ideation, writing, and posting organic and paid messages tosocial media, private social networks, and other channels.
- Drive digital advocacy and social outreach in alignment with organizational mission and objectives. Drive action in areas including: domestic and international digital advocacy, Climate Reality Leadership Corps Training promotion and outreach, and special projects and events. In each instance, work with the social media manager to develop an integrated social plan that includes key internal and external stakeholders and drives engagement.
- Assist with development of graphics and/or live and pre-recorded video for social.
Help design social media graphics, in coordination with our Design Manager, with a focus on alignment with organizational priorities and driving engagement. Identify internal and external partners for video content, lead planning for video segments, and project manage recordings and delivery.
- Track strategic metrics: Analyze, review, and report on the effectiveness of campaigns to maximize results.
- Schedule social media posts on an ongoing basis. Drive brand visibility, growth, and audience engagement by utilizing the latest scheduling tools to create a robust calendar of social media content.
- Write and develop organization-wide social media content. Develop a strong sense of the brand voice, to be used in drafting social media posts that drive action, establish key priorities, and grow the Climate Reality digital brand. Assist with organization-wide priorities, serving as liaison with internal stakeholders as needed.
- Research new social media trends, tools, and benchmarks (and responding accordingly): Coordinate with stakeholders across the organization to build content calendars, to encourage the adoption of relevant social media techniques into the organization’s culture, and integrate social media into all of the organization’s campaigns and services.
- Research and write engaging long and short-form content for the web: Research, write and edit original SEO-ready content for the organization’s websites, blogs, online communication, and content assets (e-books, landing pages, etc.) as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1+ years of documented social media experience crafting and scheduling engaging content across multiple networks.
- Deep understanding of how to drive engagement and conversion with all relevant social channels.
- Focused on driving growth and engagement through quality social content, creative thinking, and implementation fo best practices.
- Comfortable with social channels native metrics and tools like Sprout, Creator Studio, and Hootsuite.
- Love writing, as well as curating and creating content. This role works within our social calendars, drafts all posts, and is quality control for all social content.
- Up-to-speed on current digital and social trends and best practices.
- Experience developing live and pre-recording video segments for social and/or with graphic development.
- Understand the intersection of paid and organic in digital and what each brings to the table.
- Flexible enough to manage shifting priorities in a growing organization, while maintaining continuity in current projects.
- Likes to strategize and plan in collaboration with a team – but comfortable working proactively toward key goals.
- Team player with a strong ability to work effectively with other departments.
- Ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and verbal format.
- Curiosity and a willingness to experiment and learn.
- Strong organizational skills and detail-orientation.
- A deep commitment to climate action, climate and environmental justice, and making a difference.
Location: Washington, DC preferred
Our Washington, DC office is presently closed due to the COVID-19 health emergency. Therefore, we will accept remote applicants who work/reside in the following states: CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IL, MA, MD, ME, NC, NY, OR, PA, TN, and VA. Relocation to the DC office may be required.
Salary: $50,000 – $55,000