Full-Time Senior Project Manager
- Full-time position, working remotely due to COVID-19 through December 2021
- Annual salary range of $80,000-$90,000
- Full coverage health insurance, paid mobile phone, three weeks of paid vacation, and many other benefits
Civic Edge Consulting is a woman-owned, employee-led communications company based in San Francisco. We work with government agencies and nonprofits across the Bay Area. For our clients, we cultivate thoughtful engagement, craft creative messaging, provide savvy strategy, grab media attention, and deliver top-notch events –– to strengthen and improve the communities in which we live and work. Our largest areas of work right now are focused on transportation, infrastructure, and resilience planning communications and community engagement. In terms of client work, our new Senior Project Manager will work exclusively within our resilience planning area of the company.
Working towards a race equity culture
As a company, we aspire to transform our work culture to a race equity culture, where we are proactive in our counteraction of racial and social inequities inside and outside of our organization. We recognize that systemic racist structures continue to play out in work structures like ours and that we are in the very early stages in our journey. To guide our process, we are currently undergoing a collaborative company-wide process to develop a Racial Equity Framework.
A Racial Equity Framework is a lens for thinking about equitable outcomes for all communities and strategies for reducing barriers to social and economic mobility in the work we do and in “how” our work is being completed. Reviewing our hiring process will be a part of the Racial Equity Framework development process and incoming staff now will have the opportunity to engage and shape this work if it is of interest.
We value, and seek to practice, self-awareness, and are looking for a new team member who is committed to centering racial and economic equity in their life and work.
Are you our next Senior Project Manager?
As our next Senior Project Manager, you will be responsible for working closely and collaboratively with a team working exclusively to design and implement communications and community engagement approaches for sea level rise, seismic risk, and climate change resiliency planning efforts. You also will contribute to new business development for the company and provide other support as applicable.
Senior Project Managers possess a clear understanding of what needs to happen and when things need to get done at any given moment. We expect our Senior Project Managers to act swiftly, think around corners, and take the lead to ensure the teams they manage are fully aware of project details and that all deliverables meet deadlines, within budget, and exceed client expectations.
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, Civic Edge staff are working remotely through the end of the year. As client needs evolve or as staff express interest, we will work with each individual to secure desk space at WeWorks in San Francisco or Oakland until company office space decisions are made later this year. When in-person, San Francisco’s health and safety guidelines will be followed.
Senior Project Manager responsibilities
- Manage the day-to-day needs of your clients and project teams including responding to emails and urgent requests, drafting agendas and leading meetings, and project management in Asana, Google Docs, SharePoint, and Dropbox.
- Design and implement in-person and digital community engagement approaches that address the needs of the Bay Area’s diverse communities.
- Design and implement communication strategies from start to finish, from brainstorming innovative ideas to working closely with graphic designers to bring your vision to life.
- Lead conversations about media strategies, including drafting talking points and messaging.
- Represent our clients’ work at community meetings and events.
- Pursue personal growth and skill building opportunities.
- Attend company meetings and trainings.
- Fully support your teammates and contribute to a welcoming and trusting environment that is working to center racial equity within our company and with our clients.
- You have a passion for San Francisco’s waterfront and interest or experience related to climate change resilience work.
- You have a collaborative leadership style and enjoy working in a fast-paced team setting.
- You have an ability to think on your feet in response to changing circumstances.
- You possess strong verbal communications and expository writing skills, which to us means writing with clarity and having an ability to work with subject specific content and make it digestible to the general public.
- You have the ability to give clear, succinct directions in coordinating project tasks with clients, Civic Edge teammates, vendors, community based organizations, and the public.
- You have experience in developing communications for complex or technical topics and issues.
- You have the ability to prioritize tasks, manage multiple projects at the same time, and feel comfortable taking initiative.
- You have demonstrated experience working within cross-functional teams of varying sizes and exhibit cultural responsiveness and humility.
- You are committed to racial equity and bring a self-awareness mindset in working with and providing feedback in diverse, multicultural settings.
- You care about local politics and are interested in government operations.
- Diverse work experience appreciated. Current Civic Edge staff have past experience in event planning, politics, journalism, community and volunteer management, project management, marketing, public opinion research, and other fields.
Compensation and expectations
This is a full-time, salaried position with a salary range of $80,000-$90,000. We cover 100% of health, dental, and vision insurance plan costs, contribute $500 a year to an FSA program, and offer the following: a monthly commuter benefit, a monthly mobile phone stipend, a generous 401k match, basic life insurance and LTD, and 3 weeks of paid vacation in addition to observing all federal holidays, .
Given that we are currently working remotely, we will provide you with a company laptop and will help to make sure you have the equipment you need to do your work comfortably remotely – including a generous $500 home office stipend.
Due to the nature of our client work at Civic Edge, you will be asked to put in long days, including occasional evenings and weekend days for client meetings, events, and other time sensitive initiatives. To balance the busy times, we do our best to support you in taking breaks whenever possible. We understand that work-life boundaries can easily be blurred, even more so now as our team works remotely. With that in mind, we will commit to helping you to achieve balance at work and your career goals by encouraging and supporting professional development and growth opportunities, scheduling regular check-ins between our staff and members of the company leadership team, and offering thoughtful review sessions.
Civic Edge’s equity commitment
We strive to advance equity and diversity in all that we do. We recognize that we are made stronger by our ability to collaborate and leverage our diversity across race, gender, age, upbringing, education, talent, and life experience. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, and particularly encourage applications from members of communities disproportionately impacted by systemic racism and oppression, including Black communities, Indigenous communities, communities of color, and historically marginalized communities, such as people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ community members.
We provide a workplace that is free from discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, color, religious creed, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable law in employment or service policies and practices.
How to ApplyPlease submit your resume with contact information to email@example.com at your earliest opportunity with Senior Project Manager in the subject line. We want to get to know you! Please share a little about yourself and why you are interested in the job.
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405