Full-Time Prospect Researcher
SELC is seeking to add a skilled Prospect Researcher to our development team. This position is located in SELC’s central development office in Charlottesville, VA and is supervised by our Portfolio and Research Manager.
- Conducting biographical and financial research on individuals and foundations, with an emphasis on constituents’ wealth, interests and relationships, and integrating data gathered from various online and electronic sources into standardized reports
- Assessing capacity, interest, philanthropy and relationships to identify and qualify new prospective donors and assesses opportunities with existing donors
- Entering, updating, and retrieving donor and prospect data in Salesforce
- Researching addresses to enhance prospect pipeline and build communication tracks
- Providing pertinent, accurate and verifiable information for use by development officers and executives by deadlines provided
- Ability to actively listen, retain complex information, and recall specific details, key concepts or critical points of conversations
- Reliability, responsiveness, and courtesy in all team and donor interactions
- Implementing new research techniques as they arise
- Ability to handle confidential information with sensitivity, integrity, and accuracy;
- Assisting the Development Information Systems team with other tasks as assigned
- A bachelor’s degree and minimum two years’ experience in development or prospect research
- Ability to prioritize work and to perform multiple tasks simultaneously while adhering to deadlines
- Strong sense of curiosity and willingness to dedicate attention to detail
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to think strategically and investigatively
- Writing skills including the ability to synthesize and present research findings in a variety of written formats
- A collaborative, team-oriented approach, as well as ability to work independently
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to actively listen, comprehend and retain complex information, and recall specific details, key concepts or critical points of conversations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including Word and Excel
- Experience with Salesforce, iWave, and Foundation Search a plus
- Experience with analyzing financial data a plus
- Interest in and commitment to SELC’s mission
SELC offers an excellent benefits package. For more details, please visit our Careers page.
With nine offices across the region (Charlottesville, VA; Chapel Hill, NC; Atlanta, GA; Charleston, SC; Washington, DC; Birmingham, AL; Nashville, TN; Asheville, NC; and Richmond, VA), SELC is widely recognized as the South’s foremost environmental leader. SELC works on a full range of environmental issues to protect the South’s natural resources and the health and well-being of its people. Although its regional focus is the Southeast, much of its work is national in scope and impact.
SELC works in Congress and state legislatures to inform environmental laws; in regulatory agencies to implement environmental laws and policies; and in the courts to enforce the law, stop the worst abuses, and set important precedents. The organization works collaboratively with more than 100 national, state, and local groups to enhance their efficacy and achieve common conservation goals. It currently has a staff of more than 170 individuals, with 80 attorneys, including some of the nation’s leading experts in their respective fields. Additional information is available at www.southernenvironment.org.
SELC believes that a broad range of ideas, life experiences, and backgrounds enriches our workplace, drives innovative thinking, and attracts highly talented people who seek a work environment that values the unique contributions of individual team members. We are eager to welcome new team members who share this belief. We still have much progress to make, but our goal is to create and maintain a staff that, at every level, reflect the rich racial and cultural diversity of the communities where we work and the clients that we serve. SELC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to fostering a transparently inclusive workplace environment. We are looking for people to join us in this effort. Persons of all backgrounds—including people of color, women, people with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ candidates—are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to ApplyApplications: To apply, click here to be directed to an online application where you may upload your application materials. Applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, and three references. Interested persons should apply immediately. SELC is committed to fostering a transparently inclusive workplace environment. We are looking for people to join us in this effort. Persons of all backgrounds—including people of color, women, people with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ candidates—are strongly encouraged to apply.
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405