Full-Time Prospect Research Manager
General Overview: The Climate Reality Project is seeking an experienced prospect researcher to expand the organization’s fundraising efforts and provide critical support to the Advancement Department. The Prospect Research Manager will design and execute the department’s prospect research strategy and analytics, including pipeline development and portfolio management, as well as provide strategic direction to senior management on prospective donors with major gift capacity. This is a unique opportunity to take ownership of a prospect research program, while working independently and collaboratively with a small fundraising team.
Our Washington, DC office is presently closed due to the COVID-19 health emergency. Therefore, we will accept remote applicants who work/reside in the following states: CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IL, MD, ME, NC, NY, OR, PA, TN, and VA.
Duties and Responsibilities
Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Designs, plans, and executes organization’s prospect research strategy.
- Formulates data analytics tools and practices to proactively identify new prospects for prospect pipeline, patterns and trends in prospect pool, and strategic recommendations to gift offices and leadership.
- Conducts in-depth research on current and prospective individual donors and foundations for significant financial impact, utilizing wealth and propensity screenings, relationship mapping science tools, public records, and other sources. Actively identifies new tools and processes.
- Directs and leads research workflow and scope of work of research team members, including Advancement Operations Associate and prospect research consultant.
- Synthesizes research to develop concise and thorough research reports, profiles, briefing documents, and recommendations for President & CEO, Chairman, board members, and gift officers.
- Fulfills timely research requests for leadership as requested.
- Implements and executes progressive pipeline moves management, as well as portfolio development, optimization, and maintenance to ensure refined, focused, and balanced portfolios for gift officers.
- Plans, organizes, and participates in regular prospect review meetings, providing key donor insights and strategy to gift officers, and advising on plans for engagement and solicitation.
- Manages and maintains Salesforce reports, dashboards, tracking systems and lists to monitor fundraising performance, prospect analysis, and portfolio upkeep (including assigning and monitoring engagement and cultivation tasks).
- Utilizes database to search and identify underdeveloped or overlooked donors.
- Become familiar and well-versed in current supporters and their background, and proactively share up to date information, current events, and opportunities with gift officers and leadership.
- Actively identify and qualify institutional giving prospects and opportunities.
- Prioritizes and ensures data accuracy and integrity of donor information in Salesforce, including regular upkeep of information.
- Uphold organization’s commitment to diversity, equity, justice, and inclusion by identifying areas to increase diversity of prospect and donor pool.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Commitment to Climate Reality’s mission and values, and the principles of diversity, equity, justice, and inclusion
- 2-3 years’ experience in a prospect research field
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize large amounts of information into digestible and accessible information for leadership and fundraisers
- Innate curiosity
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualize and develop proactive prospecting methodologies
- Track record of utilizing data analytics in a CRM, Salesforce preferred
- Ability to think strategically, take initiative, and use sound judgement
- Ability to work independently with a small fundraising team and remain flexible
- A self-starter
- Experience and advanced understanding of research tools and software, iWave preferred
- Knowledge of APRA’s Body of Knowledge a plus
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Optimistic and positive attitude a must
- Ability to work in high-visibility and fast-paced environment
How to ApplyPlease send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, with ‘Prospect Research Manager’ in the subject line.
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405