Full-Time Program Manager
Baltimore Greenspace is hiring!
Baltimore Green Space is Baltimore’s environmental land trust. We promote vibrant neighborhoods and a healthy environment through land preservation, research, and community advocacy. Our vision is to be a leader and partner in ensuring that communities’ open spaces and forest patches are considered priority assets in the growth and redevelopment of Baltimore. You are passionate about environmental justice and advocacy, and love to enjoy all types of green spaces. You have a thorough understanding of environmental science and are equipped to work with scientists and stewards. You have superb public speaking skills and excel at building relationships. You are capable of internalizing an organizations vision to strategically conceptualize events and workshops. You are a creative problem solver who is able to seek solutions in a high pressure setting.
Reports to and works with the Executive Director to implement all BGS Preservation and Green Space Support Programming. Serves an integral role in supporting our mission by providing technical, educational, and outreach support to site leaders, as well as by spearheading BGS workshops and events to increase outreach. Provides ongoing support to preserved sites, conducts preservation research, offers technical assistance to unaffiliated sites, helps build forest and garden stewardship networks, and leads occasional service days. Works with the staff in meeting organizational goals to increase preservation applications from communities of color; increase neighborhood participation in community forest activities; and build a network of community-managed open spaces (CMOS).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Day-to-Day Program Management
- Coordinate all aspects of the preservation process
- Develop a 6-month workshop/event plan to support garden and forest stewardship network centered around site enrichment, professional development, and/or expert guidance.
- Develop and facilitate 12-18 environmental education events per year with support from other staff.
- Coordinate and lead Annual Site Review for BGS preserved sites.
- Consult with site leaders to develop site support plan and provide ongoing technical and site support to BGS preserved sites.
- Provide direct site support as needed.
- Coordinate with partner non-profit organizations develop effective support programming for sites
- Daily updates to organizational database regarding Technical Assistance activities, Site Support activities, and contact information for all program contacts
- Design and coordinate volunteer management strategy to support preserved and prospective forests and gardens
- Manage a team of partner scientists to develop research protocols as needed, and to effectively support sites in implementing sustainable practices
Site Preservation Responsibilities
- Lead process to preserve at least 1 site annually
- Coordinate all aspects of the preservation process, including education and outreach to sites outside of the BGS network
- Develop and manage implementation of strategy for outreach to underserved communities in Baltimore City
Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or minimum 3 years’ experience in ecology, environmental science, community outreach, and/or community organizing.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with project management.
- Thorough understanding gardening, community gardening, and basic forest ecology.
- Working knowledge of Baltimore City history, particularly within the context of racial inequity and social justice.
- Experience with print and web communication.
- Experience with grant writing and reporting.
- Proficient in MS word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Must have transportation and be willing to work some nights and weekends.
- Experience with MailChimp (or similar), WordPess, Canva, and Flickr
- Salesforce experience a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including public speaking
- Excellent project management skills with ability to juggle multiple priorities and meet short- and long-term deadlines without sacrificing quality
- Excellent judgment, independent decision-making and organizational skills
- Highly organized with attention to detail
- Collaborative problem solving and strong work ethic
- Ability to make careful decisions that involve others
- Great interpersonal and negotiation skills
Compensation: $40,000-$46,000 commensurate with experience
Benefits: Access to employee health and dental benefits including substantial premium subsidy, three weeks accrued paid vacation, and paid sick leave
How to ApplyPlease submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com by March 1.
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h05/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405