Full-Time Organizing Coordinator
Who We Are
The Climate Action Campaign (CAC) is a highly effective, unbranded coalitions of national climate, conservation, and progressive groups, state and local partners, and key allies working to protect clean air and promote action to limit climate change. The Campaign serves as an important center of gravity and convening body for dozens of organizations working together to win the passage of ambitious federal climate policy that is centered on investment, standards, jobs, health, and justice. The Climate Action Campaign is based in Washington D.C., not San Diego, California. Visit us online at: http://www.actonclimate.com/.
- Coordinates meeting and travel logistics, special event logistics processing reimbursements, file management, meeting scheduling, ordering supplies, agenda setting and note taking
- Manage and assist with telling the departments’ stories to internal and external partners by: compiling quantitative and qualitative reports on activity to support reports to funders and outreach efforts; keeping campaign leadership apprised of department activity; monitoring and updating the reporting database; writing weekly highlights and activity reports; and participating in regular stakeholder meetings and support the evolution of the departments
- Monitor and manage reporting to evaluate and communicate progress towards goals
- Working with regional directors and managers, provide regular analysis of department metrics and recommend best practices
- Provide technical support to State Operations, Partner Engagement, and national organizing staff, including training new staff on database use and managing user accounts
- Assist Directors with tracking and updating the team’s budget, contracts, grants, and MOUs
- Actively participate in planning and developing field activity and tactics guidance
- Facilitating material delivery from CAC to partner organizations.
- Working with CAC and partner organizations to develop grants and contracts, setting mutually agreed upon deliverables.
- Work across teams to project manage interdepartmental activities and resource requests
- Perform other tasks as required or assigned
- 2-4 years of similar work experience
- Demonstrated ability to work strategically, as a team player, and to develop trusting relationships with a variety of key constituencies
- Flexible, innovative, and self-motivated to complete work independently
- High level of professionalism with demonstrated experience working with external partners and the ability to maintain discretion
- Ability to successfully juggle multiple projects in a fast-paced, high-expectation campaign environment with minimal supervision
- Strong people and communication skills, including experience training others, and the ability to write concise summaries, recommendations, and plans
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to spot check for errors
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, basic Excel skills, and database maintenance
- Familiarity with QuickBase a plus
- Familiarity with the environmental movement preferred but not required
The Fine Print
This is a full-time position based in Washington, DC, though our teams are currently working from home due to COVID-19. Travel may be required as requested once it’s safe to travel.
The target salary for this position is $48,000- $52,000, depending on experience. We offer an excellent benefits package which includes 100% employer paid medical, dental, and vision insurance, generous paid time off, and a 401k plan.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to economic and social justice and do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. Women, people of color, LGBTQ people, and members of other historically disenfranchised populations are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to ApplyPlease apply online with this link.
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405