Full-Time Managing Associate
The Center for Transportation and the Environment (CTE) is a member-supported 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that develops, promotes, and implements advanced transportation technologies, vehicles, and fuels that reduce environmental pollution and fossil fuel dependency. CTE is a passionate, progressive workplace open to employee-driven ideas and opportunities. CTE is headquartered in Atlanta, GA with offices in Berkeley, Los Angeles, and St. Paul. This job opportunity is located in Atlanta. Atlanta staff continues to primarily work from home with little travel during the pandemic, however the office is open with limited occupancy and social distancing guidelines in place.
CTE’s mission is to improve the health of our climate and communities by bringing people together to develop and commercialize clean, efficient, and sustainable transportation technologies. Since 1993, CTE has managed a portfolio of over $600 million in team research, development, and demonstration projects. We’ve helped over 200 US companies move their technologies into the global energy and transportation mainstream. Currently, CTE is heavily involved in the deployment of electric vehicles across the U.S. CTE works closely with vehicle manufacturers, component providers, and fleet operators, including transit agencies and logistics organizations across the country. To learn more about CTE, please visit www.cte.tv.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
CTE is committed to championing inclusivity, diversity, and equity through our pursuit of a zero-emission future. We are motivated by our mission to improve the health of our climate for all people. Our staff seek to create a community where your identity is not only embraced, but celebrated. Whatever your race, ethnicity, sexuality, gender, religion, or socioeconomic status may be, we welcome and encourage all individuals to join us in transforming transportation.
CTE is seeking a full-time, entry-level Managing Associate to directly support medium and heavy-duty electric vehicle projects. CTE manages battery electric and fuel cell vehicle projects at all stages of the project life cycle including proposal writing, planning, procurement, construction, vehicle design and manufacturing, deployment, and reporting on project performance. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who is able to work independently to overcome obstacles, suggest better approaches, and communicate effectively – verbally, visually, and in writing. Prior experience with zero-emission vehicles is not needed, but attention to detail and the ability to support multiple projects simultaneously are key. Travel will be required once it is safe to do so. If you are a confident, analytical, self-starter interested in the environment and transportation, we encourage you to apply.
- Support senior- and mid-level managers as part of a project team
- Maintain a strong attention to detail
- Support multiple projects simultaneously, including developing meeting minutes, tracking action items and project tasks, managing schedules and budgets, and developing progress reports
- Assist in data management and analysis tasks, including vehicle modeling, energy modeling, and performance monitoring
- Demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills
- Develop and maintain working relationships with remote clients, partners, and stakeholders
- Get up to speed quickly on zero-emission vehicle technologies and their applications
- Write technical reports and proposals
- Four-year degree required; Master’s degree is a plus
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
- Demonstrated history of collaboration and teamwork
- Proficient in English writing
- Legally eligible to work in the United States
How to Apply
- Please submit a current resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
- CTE is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender, gender identification, gender expression, marital status, HIV status, disability, or any other status protected by laws or regulations. All employment decisions are based on business need, qualifications, and merit.
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405