Full-Time Land Use Coordinator
Title: Land Use Coordinator
Supervisor: Deputy Director of Land Use
Location: Warrenton, Va.
Job Classification: Full Time
The Piedmont Environmental Council (PEC) is a 501(c) (3) non-profit organization that has proudly promoted and protected the natural resources, rural economy, history and beauty of the Virginia Piedmont since 1972. PEC works with residents to weigh in on important land use and policy decisions, conserve land, protect air and water quality, celebrate historic resources, build smart transportation networks, promote sustainable energy choices, restore wildlife habitat and improve people’s access to nature.
Areas of Responsibility
The Land Use Coordinator serves as an assistant to the Deputy Director of Land Use and is responsible for helping in the following areas:
- Monitoring, reviewing, and reporting on local land use issues as assigned;
- Coordinating and taking minutes for land use staff conference calls and meetings;
- Attending and reporting on such regional meetings as the Planning District Commission and the Northern Virginia Transportation Authority;
- Providing support to the land use staff and reporting on regional infrastructure projects (transportation, energy, etc.) that may have negative implications for our region;
- Drafting reports, memos, or position statements;
- Taking the lead on special projects including conducting research into a topic, working with land use field staff to conduct cross-county analyses and comparisons, and collecting data on specific issues;
- Developing web content related to PEC’s land use work;
- Responding to requests for information and assistance from citizens and public officials;
- Collaborating with PEC communications and development staff to secure appropriate funding and highlight the benefits of PEC’s work in the region;
- Looking for opportunities to enhance PEC’s reputation and advance its mission;
- Other duties as assigned.
- College degree in planning or a related field required;
- Demonstrated the ability to communicate well verbally and through writing;
- Ability to organize, coordinate and manage multiple activities and deadlines simultaneously;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with a diverse constituency, including elected officials, nonprofit representatives, neighborhood associations, and individual citizens with a wide range of backgrounds and perspectives;
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team, with minimal supervision;
- Knowledge and experience with Google Suite and Microsoft Office productivity software;
- Ability to work some weekends and evenings;
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation required;
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. Salary range: $19.23 to $23.08 per hour (the equivalent of $40,000-48,000 per year)
PEC offers an outstanding benefits package including health, dental, vision, short and long term disability and term life insurance, a 403 (b) employee pension plan, HSA and FSA options and some employer paid additional supplemental insurance benefits including accident, critical illness and hospital indemnity. Upon employment, you will be entitled to paid holidays and will begin accruing personal leave as designated in the PEC Employee Handbook. PEC also offers employees one day of leave per year to perform volunteer work.
Interested applicants should email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org .
The Piedmont Environmental Council is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from women and persons of color are encouraged. Resume reviews begin immediately
How to ApplyInterested applicants should email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405