Full-Time Finance Director
Our Power is seeking applications for a Finance Director
Organization Overview: Our Power is a broad and rapidly growing Maine-based coalition of everyday Mainers, utility experts, elected leaders, and business representatives who are committed to improving our antiquated utility power delivery system by creating a consumer-owned utility company that will provide more reliable and affordable power. For more information please visit https://www.mp4mp.org
Position Overview: The flex time Finance Director will be a key member of Our Power’s leadership team and will be responsible for overseeing all fundraising efforts for Our Power by developing a detailed multi-million dollar fundraising plan to reach our fundraising goals. The Finance Director will report to the Campaign Manager and work closely with the Executive & Finance Committees.
Candidates must have:
● Experience fundraising for a non-profit, political, or community organization
● Proven ability to develop and oversee the successful implementation of a fundraising plan
● Identify, cultivate and communicate with individuals, organizations and businesses that align with Our Power in order to garner financial support (both in Maine and nationally)
● Develop and maintain a small-donor grassroots fundraising effort, mostly online
● Develop and maintain relationships with donors and prospective donors
● Experience managing a donor database
● Experience building and managing fundraising events
● Strong organizational skills and an attention to detail
● A multi-tasker with the ability to wear many hats in a fast-paced environment
● The ability to work as part of a team and independently
● Strong support for creating a consumer-owned utility in Maine
Candidates will be particularly appealing to us if they also have:
● Experience fundraising for ballot initiatives, or similar political campaigns.
● Relationships in and knowledge of Maine and Maine politics
● Relationships in and knowledge of Maine and national organizations focusing on the environment, utilities and the public interest
● Knowledge and expertise in environmental and utility issues
● Experience in filing Maine finance reports and election compliance issues
● Ability to oversee and contribute to the development and tracking of proposals to foundations
Compensation: $5,000-$6,000 monthly retainer, negotiable. This is a contract position. Term: We expect this position to start March, 2021 and end December, 2022.
Our Power is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that our differences enhance our strength and we as an organization benefit from staff of diverse races, ethnic origins, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions, economic backgrounds, abilities, and other facets of our identities. We welcome and encourage all to apply.
How to Apply
- To Apply: Submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. The cover letter should be concise, compelling, and outline the specific ways in which you would be a good fit for this position.
- Application Deadline: Position will remain open until filled.