Full-Time Environmental Deputy Project Manager I
Galileo Project, LLC provides project management assistance and coordination (PMAC) to federal, state, and local agencies on environmental permitting, planning, and construction projects. These projects include renewable energy, transmission, pipelines, and planning efforts among others. While sustainability may play a part in some of our projects, our primary focus lies in planning and construction management. Galileo is a woman-owned small business with offices in Tempe, Arizona and Marietta, Georgia. This job posting is for a full-time, hourly position in the Tempe, Arizona office.
Additional information may be found on Galileo’s website at www.galileoaz.com.
This position is a mid-level project assistance position. Applicant will perform a wide range of administrative and project support activities for project manager to facilitate the efficient operation of the organization. The job includes direct support to the project manager with day to day tasks to keep projects on schedule. This position works primarily with the National Environmental Policy Act process; however, other statues frequently worked with include the National Historic Preservation Act, the Endangered Species Act, and the Clean Water Act amongst others.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Schedule, coordinate, and occasionally lead group meetings
- Attend and accurately document meetings
- Document project decisions and action items
- Assist in distributing project information to the public
- Filter relevant data for project databases
- Assist with preliminary determinations of documents for response to FOIAs
- Organize, update, and maintain project records such as document files and contact lists
- Prepare and modify project documents including correspondence, reports, plans, memos, and emails
- Prepare written responses to routine inquiries
- Provide assistance with logistics of public, tribal, and agency meetings
- Conduct and compile research on projects, policy, and stakeholder positions.
- Coordinate meetings and field trips and draft correspondence and documents related to the National Historic Preservation Act
- Coordinate information relevant to project assignments from multiple sources
- Serve as a back-up to the project manager as necessary in finalizing project tasks
- Interact with project clients on a direct daily basis
Education and Experience
- Preferred bachelor’s degree in project management, environmental resources, public policy, or related area – OR
- Legal background
- Customer service experience
- Experience working with/within federal agencies is preferred
- Working knowledge of the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA)
- Experience working on complex, long-term projects
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Familiarity with online meeting platforms such as Microsoft Teams, Zoom, etc.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Suite
- Strong typing, analytical, and computer skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Superior planning, organizational, and note-taking skills
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and verbally) with all levels of management
- Flexibility and adaptability to different projects and management styles
- Ability to manage small teams including delegation and oversight responsibilities
Compensation and Benefits:
Galileo is an expanding firm with considerable growth opportunities. This is an hourly position with a compensation range beginning at $24 per hour, dependent upon work history and demonstrable skill set.
Galileo offers a generous benefits package including health insurance, 401k, and paid vacation and sick leave.
- Health insurance is available at the beginning of the month following 60 days of employment.
- Vacation and sick leave are available after 90 days of employment. 401k participation is available at the beginning of the month following 180 days of employment.
How to ApplyApplication packages should be submitted with a cover letter, resume, references, and a brief (2-5 page) writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line of your submittal email should say Application Deputy PM and then your name. Applications that do not include all of these items may not be considered.
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405