Full-Time Energy Finance Analyst- Petrochemicals (Remote)
The Institute for Energy Economics and Financial Analysis (IEEFA) is seeking an Energy Finance Analyst. If you are an experienced financial professional with knowledge of the petrochemical energy sector, IEEFA is interested in learning more about you. The energy finance analyst must possess a commitment to IEEFA’s mission to accelerate the transition to a diverse, sustainable and profitable energy economy.
Headquartered in the United States, IEEFA is an independent (501(c)3) think tank that works closely with policymakers, influencers, consumers and stakeholders. IEEFA has a team of analysts and communications personnel located across the globe.
The petrochemicals field is a new area of exploration for IEEFA. The energy analyst will play a leading role, being able to assist organizations active in the plastics field and the industry as a whole produce a wide variety of new research and reform suggestions. The petrochemicals industry is going through rapid change. We expect our research will be used to educate, question, motivate and support good clear thinking on some of the most pressing problems facing the industry today.
The successful candidate can expect a long-term career experience, hard work that encourages professional growth, independent thinking and the production of a body of literature in the field that makes a seminal contribution to the dialogue of climate change.
The Energy Finance Analyst will produce written analysis and commentary on the petrochemical industry for IEEFA publications and formal submission to governmental bodies, including formal presentations in professional, legislative, regulatory, executive corporate board, judicial and nonprofit trade venues. IEEFA produces a significant volume of original research, as well as ongoing analysis and reports on issues affecting energy industries. Our major research reports, daily commentaries, press coverage and other resources can be found on our website: www.ieefa.org.
- Provides financial analysis for petrochemical energy sector related projects.
- Analyzes investments and their market performances.
- Interprets financial data to understand trends and generate forecasts.
- Makes economic predictions for profitability, revenue and earnings through analysis of financial statements.
- Examines company results with forecast planning to evaluate overall financial performance.
- Formulates recommendations by analyzing and interpreting data through comparative financial analysis.
- Builds relationships with reporters and external stakeholders including institutional investors.
- Other projects as assigned.
- Petrochemicals Energy Sector – Industry knowledge.
- Finance and Economics– Economic and finance principles and practices, the financial markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Provincial Governments – Understanding of operations.
- Technology – Computer hardware and software, including applications.
- English Language – The structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of works, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Finance and Economics – Using financial and economic modeling to solve problems, quantitative and analytical competency.
- Spreadsheets and Databases – Excel expertise, extract relevant information from relevant databases.
- Critical Thinking – Thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve energy related problems.
- Reading Comprehension – Reading multiple sources to understand energy sector related information.
- Complex Problem Solving – Noticing a problem, discussing with colleagues and taking the lead on the best way to solve it.
- Speaking and Presenting– Talking about and presenting data to internal and external audiences and stakeholders.
- Mathematical Reasoning– Ability to create financial forecasts and models using Excel.
- Deductive Reasoning – Using rules to solve problems.
- Written Comprehension – Reading and understanding energy sector data.
- Inductive Reasoning – Making general rules or coming up with answers from lots of detailed information.
- Oral Comprehension – Listening and understanding efforts by advocacy and community organizations.
- Oral Expression – Ability to communicate and present financial data to a variety of audiences.
- Problem Sensitivity – Noticing when problems happen.
- Information Ordering – Logically ordering or arranging data.
- Speech Clarity – Speaking clearly with political astuteness.
- Written Expression – Communicating by writing with political astuteness.
- Fluency of Ideas – Coming up with and presenting in a collegial environment, lots of ideas.
- Detail Orientation – Seeing details up close.
- Work Independently – Able to multi-task, set priorities and meet deadlines with limited direction while working remotely.
- Time Management – Ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Collaboration – Establishing effective interpersonal relationships with diverse stakeholders, internally and externally.
Experience and Education
- 5-7 years’ corporate financial analysis experience in the energy sector or related field.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics or related field.
- Working with institutional investors.
- Working with community, environmental, labor and business stakeholders.
- Working with media on issue related communications.
- Master’s degree preferred.
Term and Schedule
Direct employment is available for personnel in the U.S; IEEFA personnel outside the U.S will be retained as consultants.
Remuneration will be commensurate with experience and localized for the region of residence.
Some travel may be required (when it becomes possible). IEEFA hosts an annual conference and training event in New York City each June. All global team members attend the conference and are offered a chance to participate fully in the conference. The conference is followed by a team retreat which provides the various IEEFA teams with an opportunity to learn from and share ideas with colleagues covering other countries.
In employment, the Institute for Energy Economics and Financial Analysis (IEEFA) is committed to equal opportunity, diversity, equity and inclusion. Women, veterans, members of underrepresented minority groups, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
IEEFA provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the Office of Human Resources at +1 (980) 522-3121. Determinations will be made on a case-by-case basis.
***Please be sure to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contact list to ensure delivery of all correspondence from us.***
How to Apply
- Please apply online via the following link: Energy Finance Analyst (Petrochemicals)
- Qualified applicants should submit a CV/resume, cover letter, and an analytical writing sample. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. The first review of applicants will begin in early August 2021.
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405