Full-Time Berea College Sustainability Coordinator
Brief summary of this position:
The Sustainability Coordinator will collaborate with stakeholders on campus to infuse Berea College’s triplebottom-line sustainability efforts into the campus community through:
- Expanded student sustainability programming;
- Expanded sustainability activities in academic classrooms;
- Sustainability education and outreach efforts for faculty, staff, and students;
- Improved and timely completion of sustainability tracking and reporting activities.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
Education required to ensure success in this position:
- Bachelor’s Degree
Experience required to ensure success in this position:
- Minimum two years of experience in a similar sustainability position at a college, university, or other educationally focused organization
Special skills, knowledge and abilities:
- Deep background in sustainability concepts, active work bringing students and others together for programs
License, certification, or registration necessary:
- Primarily office, but will work across campus, in facilities, on farms, and in the community
Ability to operate the following vehicles or equipment:
Primary duties and responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Regular and predictable attendance is essential. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide support for robust sustainability education and awareness programs in residence halls.
- Works directly with student labor in the Office of Operations and Sustainability on integrated sustainability programming across campus. Daily oversight and support to provide a greater platform for success for these students, and provide regular support for interactions between this office and others, such as CELTS, Dining Services, and for interactions with faculty working to integrate aspects of experiential sustainability education into their classroom curriculum;
- Sustainability Mini-Grant program implantation and oversight;
- Provide a regular focus to outside public relations and community educational opportunities, as well as to required and voluntary reporting of sustainability related information.
- Oversees or completes various surveys, from STARS, annual greenhouse gas emissions reports, an annual report of progress on sustainability indicators for on-campus use, as well as many ad hoc surveys and requests for data each year
– a comprehensive and regularly updated listing of sustainability related activities and programs across campus to be made publicly available on campus
– a database of opportunities for students and class groups to participate in campus or community activities related to sustainability as part of their academic course work
- The Coordinator will work directly with faculty and staff to imagine and devise opportunities for increased student activities on and off campus related to broad sustainability goals.
- The coordinator will recommend activities, policies and procedures to increase the College’s progress toward its sustainability goals, and will represent the College in community, regional and national forums in regard to the College’s efforts and programs.
- The Coordinator will staff and supervise programs and activities, as well as coordinate with others to participate or provide other College participants for on- and off-campus events.
- In support of Berea College’s great commitments, this position requires student supervision. The fourth great commitment is to promote learning and serving in community through the student labor program, honoring the dignity and utility of all work, mental and manual, and taking pride in work well done. The Supervision would include scheduling, assigning and approving work performed. Developing students about common workplace acumen and giving them tangible work experience is an expected outcome. To learn more about the student labor program and requirements on this position see: Labor Program Goals
Other roles/duties will be assigned as necessary to assist the College in the attainment of the goals set forth and the enhancement of a positive, respectful learning environment for all staff, faculty and students.
How to ApplyPlease apply online via this link.
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405