Full-Time Youth Engagement Manager
Youth Engagement Manager
The Climate Reality Project
Reports To: Director of Engagement
Direct Reports: Youth Engagement Program Coordinator
Based in: Washington, DC (remote through COVID-19)
Salary Range: $55,000 – 65,000, Excellent benefits, including medical, dental, 401K, etc.
The Climate Reality Project, a nonprofit organization founded by former Vice President Al Gore, is offering a full-time position for a Legislative Coordinator to work with the Engagement team. This position will play an integral role in a fast-paced organization that combines strategic campaigns and engagement and cutting-edge communications to win concrete victories on the path to solving the climate crisis.
The Youth Engagement Manager is responsible for developing, managing, and implementing a broad strategy to recruit and engage Climate Reality’s youth volunteers around the globe. This position requires strategic grassroots campaign and programmatic planning to position youth climate activists to complete advocacy actions, continually expand the organization’s Campus Corps Program, and strategically organize Climate Reality Leaders to engage with the Youth Climate Movement at large. This position may require extended hours, weekend work, and extensive travel (as Covid-19 allows).
Our Washington, DC office is presently closed due to the COVID-19 health emergency. Therefore, we will accept remote applicants who work/reside in the following states: CA, CO, DC, FL, IL, MA, MD, ME, NC, NY, OR, PA, TN, and VA. Relocating to Washington, DC will be required when our Washington, DC office safely re-opens post-pandemic (exact timing TBD).
Successful applicants must be at least 18 years of age and will be asked to show proof that they can legally work in the United States.
Duties and responsibilities:
Youth Engagement Manager Specific Responsibilities:
- Develop broad engagement strategy for the organization focusing on youth Climate Reality Leaders, including completing acts of leadership, giving presentations, participating in advocacy trainings, leading youth-led campaigns, and amplifying youth stories.
- Manage an internal cross-departmental staff working group to develop and execute creative and strategic youth recruitment and engagement plans that center youth as a key stakeholder within the climate movement.
- Ensure success of the youth climate activist program by optimizing attendee experiences through recruitment, mentorship, training content and speakers, scholarships and/or grants, and virtual or on-the-ground Climate Reality Leadership Corps trainings.
- Continue to expand and modernize the Campus Corps program by further developing an engagement strategy and campaigns for university student-based activism.
- Provide advice about campaign strategy and recommend direction to the volunteer leadership of Campus Corps chapters across the United States.
- Represent Climate Reality in partnering with youth climate organizations to remain externally engaged with the broader Youth Climate Movement, and identify strategic action opportunities for youth Climate Reality Leaders and Chapter members.
- Execute key organizational and movement-based mobilizations.
- Manage the Youth Engagement Coordinator day to day, success in their role, and professional development.
- Track and report campaign metrics and narratives as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years experience in volunteer advocacy organizing
- Campus and/or HBCU organizing experience preferred
- Experience with and awareness of cultural diversity, and ability to work effectively with a diverse group of organizations and volunteers
- Proven volunteer management skills
- Experience managing grassroots campaigns and building ambitious goals
- Demonstrated track record of leadership development
- Self-starter with the ability to take and run with a project quickly
- Experience working in a coalition
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, particularly in advocacy writing and listening
- Ability to manage deadlines and multi-task
- Database experience preferred
- A dedication to solving the climate crisis
- A dedication to racial justice, environmental justice, and equity
The Climate Reality Project is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, disability or any other category prohibited by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities and termination.
How to ApplyTo Apply Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405