Full-Time Wisconsin Policy Coordinator (Full-Time, Exempt – located anywhere in Wisconsin)
Faith in Place Job Announcement
Title: Wisconsin Policy Coordinator (Full-Time, Exempt – located anywhere in Wisconsin)
Organizations: Faith in Place and Faith in Place Action Fund
Annual Salary: $40,000 plus full benefits package
Reports to: Policy Director
Faith in Place is a multifaith, environmental nonprofit (501c3) organization with outreach staff working throughout Illinois, Indiana, and Wisconsin. Faith in Place’s mission is to empower people of diverse faith and spiritualities to be leaders in advancing environmental and racial justice, providing resources to educate, connect, and advocate for healthier communities.
Faith in Place partners with communities of faith from diverse religious traditions as well as people who identify as spiritual or motivated by justice but don’t identify with a specific faith tradition.
Our partners and Green Teams – groups of three or more people from a spiritual community or area who join to create healthier communities by advancing environmental and racial justice – represent diverse religious and spiritual traditions, including Orthodox, Catholic, and Protestant Christian churches; Conservative, Reform, and Reconstructionist denomination Jewish synagogues; Muslim mosques; and Zoroastrian, Buddhist, Native American, and Baha’i houses of worship.
In February of 2022, Faith in Place, Hoosier Interfaith Power & Light, and Wisconsin Interfaith Power & Light announced that they are partnering together and are working as one entity across Illinois, Indiana, and Wisconsin. The Wisconsin Policy Coordinator will join a team of Policy staff from Illinois and Indiana and will work with the entire Faith in Place Outreach and Program Staff to connect with Green Teams across the state of Wisconsin to develop and shape a policy platform campaign to advance political action for environmental justice. The Policy Coordinator will work with the Faith in Place Action Fund Board and staff, a separate nonprofit (501c4) organization, to advance that policy platform campaign through tools such as grassroots lobbying, membership campaigns, scorecards, questionnaires, interviews, and candidate endorsements.
• Work with clergy, Green Teams, and houses of worship throughout Wisconsin to develop and coordinate an issue-based public policy platform that embodies the principles of a faith-based environmental justice approach.
• Partner with staff to ensure a smooth partnership transition of Wisconsin interfaith Power & Light and Faith in Place
• Develop and coordinate a statewide endorsement process and campaign for the Faith in Place Action Fund for candidates seeking public office who champion the public policy platform of the organization.
• Provide leadership in Wisconsin Environmental Coalitions for advancing environmental and racial justice polices.
• Organize constituent meetings and town halls with policymakers in Wisconsin to hear faith concerns in order to shape and advance the developed policy platform and agenda.
• Travel to the Wisconsin State Capitol and other venues for advocacy as appropriate
• Help lead Advocacy Champion Workshops to teach people about the legislative process, discuss pending environmental policies, explain the importance of faith-based advocacy, and identify ways that people of diverse faiths can be civically engaged.
• Mobilize and organize annual Advocacy Days.
• Attend regular meetings to collaborate with coalition partners, representing Faith in Place and the Faith in Place Action Fund.
• Actively organize people of faith and to participate in lobby campaigns
• Recruit Board members from Wisconsin to the Faith in Place Action Fund.
• Regularly host meetings with clergy and legislators from Wisconsin on legislative topics for the Faith in Place Action Fund.
• Partner with Interfaith Power & Light (IPL) to address environmental justice policies at the national level by participating in regular conference calls, attending an annual conference, and implementing strategy at the state level.
• Other activities as required.
• Required Qualifications:
o Passion for environmental issues and economic/social justice.
o Exceptional verbal communication skills – comfort in speaking to large groups, facilitating small group discussions, and excelling at one-on-one interactions.
o Ability to effectively communicate and work with individuals from a wide variety of backgrounds, religious, and political beliefs.
o Strong organizational ability and experience in meeting established goals within tight time frames.
o Familiarity with standard business computer applications.
o Ability and willingness to motivate individuals to take action regarding Earth care–prior experience in sales, organizing, or faith community life is a plus.
o Must be a resident of Wisconsin
o Access to reliable transportation and a cell phone.
• Preferred Qualifications:
o Bachelor’s degree
o At least 2 years of Wisconsin experience in policy development, political campaigns, and lobbying efforts.
o Familiarity with lobbying and advocacy campaigns and related filings in Wisconsin
o Strong written communication skills.
o Demonstrated experience in effectively leading and collaborating with volunteers–management or supervisory experience
o Experience working for a 501c3 nonprofit with a partner 501c4 organization
This is a full-time Exempt position.
A comprehensive benefits package is offered to full-time employees of Faith in Place. These benefits, with some employee contributions, include medical, dental, vision, life, and short-term and long-term disability insurance, and employer matched SIMPLE IRA plan, which begin the first of the month following employment. Up to twenty paid vacation days, two paid personal days, and two paid sick days will begin after 6 months of employment. Monthly cell phone stipend and, during the work-from-home Faith in Place policy because of the pandemic, an internet stipend is also provided along with a $500 one-time payment to help with home office needs.
Faith in Place is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or marital status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, termination, promotion, transfer, layoff, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Rev. Scott Onque, Policy Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
How to ApplyPlease submit a cover letter and resume to Rev. Scott Onque, Policy Director, at email@example.com
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405