Full-Time Wildlife Technology National Sales Manager (US Based)
Wildlife Technology National Sales Manager
Are you experienced in technical sales, and have a passion for wildlife conservation? Would you like a job with significant growth potential? Do you have what it takes to build lasting business relationships? If so, we want to hear from you.
About our client
Our client – a global leader in wildlife technology, pioneer in detection and monitoring devices – is looking to expand their presence in the US market.
About the role
The US National Sales Manager will have the responsibility to strengthen relationships with existing clients and grow sales in the country.
We are seeking a qualified national sales manager with technical sales experience, ideally in environmental technology or wildlife. The role is US-based, with flexibility around the location.
You will build relationships with our existing and prospective clients, who are looking to monitor, report, and make wildlife management decisions. This includes wildlife biologists, forestry and related government departments, environmental consultancies, researchers, universities, conservation organizations, and national parks.
You will also need to conduct regular visits to our prospective customers, follow up, and convert them into lasting clients.
You are expected to identify and attend relevant events, including conferences, trade shows and networking events.
We are looking for organized, self-motivated candidates with great communication skills. The ability to build and apply sales processes, to have frequent phone calls (cold and warm) and have meaningful conversations with ecologists across multiple customer segments and time zones is a must.
Responsibilities of the role
- Conveying detailed technical information to both technical & non-technical audiences
- Write professional and compelling project proposals, quotations & technical support
- Demonstrate and sell our range of wildlife monitoring products to new and existing customers
- Develop, implement and adapt sales strategies to meet or exceed sales key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Seek contract opportunities in new accounts and increase service revenue in existing accounts
- Prepare and deliver business updates and sales reports
- Willing to travel domestically and occasionally overseas to meet clients and other staff in Europe and APAC region)
- Network and build relationships with a new and existing client base
- Maintain rapport with head office and work together to achieve goals
- Attend trade shows and other industry events
- Support the execution of the marketing plan, including content creation for social media and blog articles
- Attend recurring marketing and sales meetings
- Business or science related Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years experience in a similar role
- Valid Passport, and ability to travel internationally
- Highly competent in literacy and numeracy
- Ability to provide technical support directly to customers
- Proficient in CRM software, Microsoft Office and e-communication
- Confident public speaking skills
- Passionate in creating solutions for wildlife/environment conservation based on clients needs
- Experience rapidly building rapport with clients via phone, email, and video conferencing to secure sales
- Strong communicator with negotiation skills, who demonstrate genuine care for the customer
- Experience developing relationships with crucial accounts including scientists, researchers, university personnel, C-level executives, government agents & procurement personnel
- Ability to conduct market research to explore opportunities for market expansion and add extra value for existing clients
- Speaking Spanish and/or technical electronic skills would also be advantageous
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive remuneration + service fee
- Flexible remote working model
- Opportunity to travel both domestically and internationally
- Opportunity to progress your role and career opportunities as the business grows
- Work in an environmentally conscious conservation industry
- Mentoring and support from a diverse group of colleagues including ecologists, software developers, engineers, and electronics manufacturers;
- Work directly with a passionate team with a proven track record of sustainable growth
- Join a company where you can actually make a difference.
You do not need an ecology background for this role; however, this role will require BOTH sales and technical skills. If you’re detail-oriented, conscientious, and willing to learn new skills we encourage you to apply – our product is a niche, and we will provide training.
We look forward to hearing from you!