Full-Time Wildland Restoration Team Leader
The Montana Conservation Corps (MCC) is currently accepting applications for Wildland Restoration Team Leader positions! Here at MCC, we focus on the growth of our participants, positively impacting our climate and environment, and transferable job skills. Our Wildland Restoration Team Leader has an opportunity to keep wild places wild. Wildland Restoration Teams participate in a variety of innovative wetlands and habitat restoration projects, including managing invasive plants through herbicide application, seed collection, and various mesic restoration techniques including beaver mimicry. Projects are often rigorous, requiring participants to carry a heavy backpack sprayer and working in hot weather across rugged terrain while wearing protective gear. These crews have an opportunity to be on the cutting edge of large landscape conservation initiatives. Wildland Restoration Teams mitigate invasive plants in the remote Selway Bitterroot Wilderness, Glacier & Yellowstone National Parks, and on the breathtaking plains of eastern Montana. Crew Leaders also earn Herbicide Applicators Licenses.
Our Wildland Restoration Team (Mesic Restoration) in Helena will work with mesic restoration techniques and in-stream beaver-dam analog construction, a simple, effective, and non-invasive approach to riparian restoration. This crew will work with a diverse range of stakeholders (private, government, and non-profit) in order to achieve large scale land conservation efforts with rural communities throughout the state of Montana. This is a great opportunity for recent college graduates who have experience in restoration to gain practical field experience in a rapidly growing area of conservation, with and a strong potential for future career paths.
Location: Bozeman, Kalispell, Missoula, Helena MT
Program Dates: 2/28/2022- 8/12/2022 OR 2/28/22 – 10/21/22
Living Allowance: $837 biweekly before taxes are taken out
AmeriCorps Education Award: $3,247.50 ($4,546.50 longer term) upon completion of the program
Check out our Frequently Asked Questions to learn more!
There are multiple benefits with an AmeriCorps Term of Service!
MCC is committed to being diverse, welcoming, and inclusive. We are working to reduce barriers to participating in our programs. We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply.
- High school degree, GED, or willingness to work towards obtaining a GED
- US Citizen, National or lawful permanent resident
- Ability to pass a National Service Criminal History Check
- Ability to eventually hike 3-20 miles per day in terrain that can be steep, rocky or uneven, often wearing a 45lb backpack while carrying tools and sometimes backpacking with full packs of 60 – 70lbs
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds repeatedly and use hand and power tools
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Ability to obtain Wilderness Advanced First Aid/CPR training. (Training is reimbursable to allotted amount/ MCC provides training)
- Demonstrates desire to serve the community and the environment
- Embraces willingness to work long, hard hours in all weather conditions; ability to be away on overnight trips for up to 10 days at a time
- Commitment to completing term; available for duration of entire term of service
- Valid driver’s license, ability to pass a Motor Vehicle Records check
- 21 years old on the start date of the program
How to ApplyApply online via this link and upload Resume & optional Cover Letter.
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405