Full-Time Western States Program Manager (Location Flexible in California)
NOTE: The location for this job is flexible within California.
EVHybridNoire is seeking a Western States Program Manager to assist with our organization’s state and local policy and program work across the western U.S. The ideal candidate will have experience and interest in all aspects of e-mobility and transportation advocacy, including communications and public outreach. They will be deeply committed to advancing issues of equity and justice, and have at least some understanding of how those issues intersect with transportation. This position is a great opportunity for an entrepreneurial individual to join a small but quickly growing organization, take on a lot of responsibility from Day 1, and make a difference in one of today’s most exciting issue areas.
EVHybridNoire is the nation’s largest network of diverse electric vehicle drivers and enthusiasts. A Black-led organization with a passionate and dedicated team, our mission is to advance EVs and other e-mobility solutions–and ensure those solutions are inclusive and equitable. We engage with communities often left out of e-mobility discussions, advocate for e-mobility solutions in underserved communities, and shift the narrative about e-mobility to be more inclusive of diverse populations. Specifically, our work involves a mix of grassroots engagement, media outreach, research, speaking engagements, and advocacy and decision-maker education. That work spans many aspects of e-mobility and equity, including climate justice, workforce development, public health, multimodal mobility and creative financing of e-mobility solutions. We’re currently focused on growing our organization to meet growing demand for our advocacy efforts and thought leadership.
The Western States Program Manager, who will be based in California and reports to the Deputy Director, is responsible for the following:
- Coordinating the development and implementation of multiple e-mobility project and campaign plans in several different cities and states
- Representing EVHybridNoire at coalition tables, conferences and in meetings with policymakers and partners, and advocating for EVHybridNoire’s priorities
- Helping to facilitate public outreach efforts, including focus groups and listening sessions with target audiences, to understand public awareness and attitudes around e-mobility
- Drafting and submitting opinion pieces, research summaries and action alerts to media outlets, online forums and EVHybridNoire’s citizen members
- Keeping abreast of policy and e-mobility market developments in multiple states, to help ensure we direct our resources toward where they are most needed and can have the biggest impact
- Working with our team, as well as with our partners and decision-maker contacts, to develop policy proposals that advance EVHybridNoire’s priorities
- Building and nurturing working relationships with decision-makers, advocacy partners and opinion leaders in the e-mobility space
- Drafting updates and reports on our work for internal and external audiences
We’re seeking candidates who have:
- At least 3-5 years of related experience in transportation or a similar field
- Knowledge of transportation electrification broadly, and some understanding of how e-mobility intersects with issues of equity, diversity and justice
- Experience applying an equity lens to transportation advocacy and campaigns
- An understanding of policy-making processes broadly, and the ability to think strategically about how to navigate those processes
- Experience in communications and/or grassroots public outreach work
- Some existing relationships within the transportation and equity arenas, especially in the western U.S.
- An entrepreneurial and self-driven approach to problem solving
- A proven ability to juggle and complete multiple tasks with minimal supervision (ideally in a remote working environment)
- Fluency in both Spanish and English is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a great attention to detail
Annual salary range is $58,000 – $70,000, commensurate with experience. EVHybridNoire is an equal opportunity employer with a justice-centered mission, and we make a particular effort to recruit people of color to apply for open positions.
How to ApplyPlease send a cover letter and resume to Nathan Willcox, Deputy Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and we are looking to fill this position as soon as possible.
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h05/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405