Part-Time Walk with a Doc Program Coordinator
Walk with a Doc Program Coordinator
Grade Level: Independent Contractor Rate of Pay: $25/Hr for 20 hours per week
Contract period: 2/26/19 – 6/30/19 (with possibility of grant extension)
Reports To: Dr. Alan Siegel, M.D.
Location: West County Health Center, Contra Costa Health Services
Program Description: The West County Health Center (part of Contra Costa Health Services) have teamed up with the East Bay Regional Park District and the Regional Parks Foundation to create the “Walk with a Doc” outdoor health program to improve obesity prevalence.
Participants will be recruited from West County Health Center patients referred by their medical providers, and the Contra Costa community at large. Participants will meet at the clinic one Saturday per month for a field trip with their medical team to a Regional/Local park. Providers will collect baseline health data including height/weight, BMI, and Blood Pressure. Participants will receive a fitness tracker and data will be collected over the course of 6 park excursions.
The Program Coordinator is an independent contractor position that may conduct work remotely and/or at the West County Health Center. The Program Coordinator will:
- Serve as the main point of contact for referring physicians, patients, and caregivers enrolled in the Walk with the Doc program.
- Publicize the program within the local community to recruit participants for the Walk with the Doc program.
- Serve as lead coordinator for planning the trips with the local parks and the East Bay Regional Park District. This includes selecting parks and reserving picnic areas, confirming dates, arranging bus transportation, arranging food, setting up and cleaning up, taking photos/videos, and coordinating support staff for the outings (Zumba, Massage, Meditation, Yoga, etc).
- Work with health care providers to track and maintain health data on participants.
- Assist with management of budget and subcontractors
Job Essentials: (List 5 or more of the job’s major responsibilities)
- Recruiting participants for Walk with a Doc Program. Providing follow up calls, texts, periodic newsletters, and reminders to ensure maximum attendance.
- Serve as an essential link between participants, health care providers and clinic staff, and participating Parks Staff.
- Facilitate outreach for the program to include community members in the program with the goal of obtaining a minimum of 50 participants per monthly park outing.
- Track health data for reporting purposes
- Work with Dr. Alan Siegel to produce reports, purchase supplies and maintain program invoices and budgets.
- Must maintain confidentiality for HIPAA compliance – will become a volunteer of Volunteer Dept, CCRMC.
- Availability to start week of 2/25/19.
Educational Requirements, Qualifications: (Indicate years of similar job experience required)
- Ability to use computer software including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), and Constant Contact
- Ability to learn to use EPIC Electronic Medical Record software
- Ability to work independently, track hours, and manage program data and outcomes
- Experience with managing program budgets
- Spanish language fluency strongly preferred
- Resident and/or previous experience working in San Pablo/Richmond and/or Contra Costa County preferred
How to Apply
If you are interested, please send your interest via an email & a resume by 2/25/19 to Alan Siegel, M.D. at Doctoralan@gmail.com